what do you marinate your steaks in?

BigAl

Allegro.

Sometimes I like to do a Teriyaki steak, so I use whatever Teriyaki marinade I have, mix in the juice from a small can of pineapple. I put the pineapples in the marinade as well. When grilling, I put the sliced pineapples on the grill and they come out tasty.

Sometimes I use marinate with a mixture, with worcestshire, teriyaki, soy and garlic.

medic

TennesseeRains said:
Personally, I forbid Dale's.....too salty.

It only overpowers the meat - no matter the varmit.

But that's just me.

Dales is all I use if I am going to marinate. I dilute it 50/50 with water

BIGORANGE

If anybody wants to try an alternative to Dales because Dales is too salty try Black Oaks Marinade. I don't know how many grocery stores sell it but you can get it at Trolingers in Paris. Good Stuff!! :grin:

tnfirefighter

Wildcat said:
I USED to marinate my steaks but not since I started doing them this way.

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthr ... ost1661267

I tried that last week on some ribeye's....Ive got to admit it was the tenderist steak Ive ever ate but it was very salty, I only let it sit for 30-40 mins, and I rinsed the kosher salt off with cold water for 5 mins each steak. Any pointers wildcat?

Wildcat

tnfirefighter said:
Wildcat said:
I USED to marinate my steaks but not since I started doing them this way.

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthr ... ost1661267

I tried that last week on some ribeye's....Ive got to admit it was the tenderist steak Ive ever ate but it was very salty, I only let it sit for 30-40 mins, and I rinsed the kosher salt off with cold water for 5 mins each steak. Any pointers wildcat?

Mine has never come out salty. I scraped and rised off mine and I let them set almost an hour. This weekend I showed my next door neighbor how to do it and they said it was the most tender steak they ever had but they said it was not as salty as they thought it would be.

I myself do not like anything too salty but my brother does and he puts salt on his steaks I cook this way.

Did you also rub the steaks while holding them under the running water?

farmin68

Wildcat, I bought a chuck steak today. I have grilled them like a regular steak before and they had good flavor but weren't anywhere near tender. Going to give this one a try with the Wildcat Salt Treatment. I'll be reporting back. Maybe with pics. :D

WTM

i dont marinade nothin. i either au poivre, blacken or bronze them. some of those recipes are on here somewhere. if i grill steak, i just season and grill. you can brine red meat just like you do bird, and i guess in a way Wildcats idea is like a brine.

either way you do it, dont cook till well done. do it medium or med rare. like they say in Texas, a done steak is a ruint steak!!

farmin68

Wildcat, I tried your steak preparation method again today. This time on a two inch thick chuck roast. Grilled it over wood. This thing is so tender a blindfolded person would think it was a good ribeye.

farmin68

Wildcat said:
Did it taste salty??

Tasted a little saltier than the sirloins I cooked a couple weeks ago BUT that is my fault. I lost track of time and it had the salt on it for 80 minutes instead of 60. Still wasn't overly salty though.

The salt taste on the sirloins (exactly 60 minutes) was just right.

Latest posts