what do you marinate your steaks in?

ShaneHallum

Nothing special here, just the Garlic Marinade stuff.

Sometimes I just soak them in Dales, and when they are about done, pour some A1 on them and smear it around.. It really makes it taste good.

JimFromTN

I don't marinade either. The most I will do is put a dry rub on them and put them in the frig for and hour. I used to put them in a container with sliced onions and chopped garlic overnight or just a few hours. The onion and garlic will permiate the meat in a very short time.

jb3

Just put a little salt/pepper. Also, always remember to let your steaks come up to room temp before throwing on the grill.

cleatus2506

I use a mixture of 2 parts Italian dressing, 1 part Allegro with a little cracked black pepper, oregano, garlic powder, dash of red pepper, honey and a few splashes of hot sauce. I mix up about 24 ounces at a time and just store it in the fridge in a servin saver bottle. It's great on beef, chicken, venison, pork and whatever other critter you got the guts to try!

BowGuy84

jb3 said:
Just put a little salt/pepper. Also, always remember to let your steaks come up to room temp before throwing on the grill.

Basically the same but I use onion salt and a touch of olive oil to help adhesion.

Big key in letting them come to room temp. Really lets you cool them rare or medium rare and have a great steak.

7mm08

Secret Squirrel said:
Here is a great marinade for the venison. I promise you will love it. This is the same marinade my wife Stacey does the flank steak in. she got it from Rachael Ray. You don't have to let it sit overnight either.

This marinade is AWESOME. I have used it on all cuts of beef and venison.

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 T grill seasoning blend, such as Montreal Seasoning now called Canadian Seasoning
1 t of one of the following: paprika, ground chipotles, chili powder or ground cumin
2 t hot sauce
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T red wine vinegar
1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil

Mix all the ingredients together and marinade meat for 30-60 minutes.

That does look great. I will try that for sure.

BTW....Stacey your wife doesn't go by "Morocco Mole" does she? :D
I just happen to be old enough to remember that on TV

vabuckbuster

Nothing but Low sodium dale's. I use to 3-5 different things until I tried dales. all night is too much though....about 3 hours

Latest posts