What did you do today in the reloading room?

fairchaser

Looks like the real deal. I'm curious though. A couple of my guns will clear the bench of almost anything with their muzzle blast, including a box of shells. I've read that the unit must be within 15 inches of the barrel. I could possibly attach it to something heavy but it would still get kicked around. What you say ?
I set mine just to the side of the barrel about a foot away and back from the muzzle about 2-4 inches. It never moved even on the short tripod that came with it. No worries!

Bad habit

Made these .401 pills. Yes- I need to cull a lot of them. This NOE mold is screwy. Most HP molds need a lot of head pressure. Those one needs very gentle head pressure or else they would get a lot of flashing

Attachments

• 20240107_104939.jpg
    20240107_104939.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 26

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
So do I. I have different worksheets for different purposes within the same workbook. For example, on one page I always enter the information when I buy components (powder, primers, bullets, etc.). On one worksheet I used formulas to automatically calculate my actual per round cost for each caliber. It is nothing fancy but it sure does work for me.
I used a spreadsheet previously, the AsciiDoc format allows you to insert images, and also link to external documents like PDF's for die instructions, load data, etc.

kckndrgn

I used a spreadsheet previously, the AsciiDoc format allows you to insert images, and also link to external documents like PDF's for die instructions, load data, etc.
I use excel and currently insert images and links to PDF's. I'm not familiar with AsciiDoc but I will look into.
I completed a household inventory with pictures and relevant documentation all in Excel. Each line has a link to images of the items, purchase receipts (if available), etc.

Johnspo

I have not run any of my presses since moving into the new house 5 years ago. I've got plenty of loads already worked up. BUT, I've been cleaning and reorganizing the reloading room since I am a Certified NRA Reloading Instructuctor and I've got a few people that want to learn. Also, I just got a new jig for cutting down 556 brass for 300AAC and a new sizer reamer to use on the Rock chucker. In addition I also just received a new annealer. I'll be trying all these out in the next day or two so watch for updates.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Started re-sizing a bunch of 30-06 brass last night. Going to work up a dedicated load with the Hornady 165 SST's for a rifle I've been messing around with. Hope to have everything ready to go for next season.
I have had really good results with 165 SST's and Nosler Partition with 48.1 gr of IMR 4064 in my '06.

270 Joe

I loaded .223s for prairie dog loads. Federal brass, accurate 2460 24.2 grs. Hornady 55 gr. V max bullets CCI primers. This shoots vary accurate out of my Savage M 25 walking varminter rifle, a 6-24 Vortex Diamondback tactical scope. Sighted in at 200 meters. It's not the fastest load, but it is the most accurate one , and it devastates the prairie dogs.

Latest posts