What did you do today in the reloading room?

Remi

Btw, I shot terrible with the different lot #s this time. More practice needed this week for sure. :oops:

I have 2 different lots of Midas+ now. One is 28 speed and one is 26 speed. I've only shot the 28 speed so I hope the 26 speeds is at least as good. I was absolutely bad with my pistols until the end. I guess if you don't shoot them from July til March your skill may fade?

I shot some sk pistol match for practice in my rifle and shot ok. I shot a 226 and should have broke 230, I lost 8pts on the last row because I ignored the wind flags. Our match is Saturday if it doesn't rain us out.

Last edited:

MUP

I have 2 different lots of Midas+ now. One is 28 speed and one is 26 speed. I've only shot the 28 speed so I hope the 26 speeds is at least as good. I was absolutley bad with my pistols until the end. I guess if you don't shoot them from July til March your skill may fade?

I shot some sk pistol match for practice in my rifle and shot ok, I shot a 226 and should have broke 230, I lost 8pts on the last row because I ignored the wind flags. Our match is Saturday is it doesn't rain us out.
Ours is Saturday as well. I haven't shot in weeks either, that could be part of the problem too. 😬

PickettSFHunter

I loaded up some 123 SST's to do some continued pig testing in my 6.5 grendel. I'm searching for the best balance between availability, affordability, and lethality. My current favorite in the Grendel has been the 129 NABLR but it doesn't check the availability column. I also had a strange occurrence with a 129 ABLR last week. Up until that point, the lethality had been awesome. However, a friend of mine shot a boar with my rifle 5 times before it went down. Granted they were all crappy shots 😂 but I recovered one bullet and it didn't expand at all. This was from 80 yards with 2350 fps at the muzzle. 129 NABLR's are supposed to expand down to 1300fps. I'm hoping this is a one off but I admit it has me worried a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_4791.png
    IMG_4791.png
    503.3 KB · Views: 18

Remi

I loaded up some 123 SST's to do some continued pig testing in my 6.5 grendel. I'm searching for the best balance between availability, affordability, and lethality. My current favorite in the Grendel has been the 129 NABLR but it doesn't check the availability column. I also had a strange occurrence with a 129 ABLR last week. Up until that point, the lethality had been awesome. However, a friend of mine shot a boar with my rifle 5 times before it went down. Granted they were all crappy shots 😂 but I recovered one bullet and it didn't expand at all. This was from 80 yards with 2350 fps at the muzzle. 129 NABLR's are supposed to expand down to 1300fps. I'm hoping this is a one off but I admit it has me worried a bit.

I've had good luck with the 123 Sst. If you've not used the 123 eldm that's another great killer.

Pretty crazy about the 129 LRAB not expanding.

PickettSFHunter

I've had good luck with the 123 Sst. If you've not used the 123 eldm that's another great killer.

Pretty crazy about the 129 LRAB not expanding.
I have shot a couple with the eldm but for whatever reason it was when I just didn't have time to skin and examine the damage. Hogs were dead right there though. I have a couple hundred loaded to try some more one day. Another good one for me has been the 120 Sierra prohunter but they are spotty on availability. Availability is where Hornady shines.

Remi

I have shot a couple with the eldm but for whatever reason it was when I just didn't have time to skin and examine the damage. Hogs were dead right there though. I have a couple hundred loaded to try some more one day. Another good one for me has been the 120 Sierra prohunter but they are spotty on availability. Availability is where Hornady shines.

The Sierra has been great for me. I stashed 2 boxes awhile back. I have some 120 Gold Dots but haven't drawn blood with them yet. They shoot fantastic though.

Poker

I'm just getting back to reloading on a regular basis since I retired 2 years ago. I have some Bullseye and a bunch of .40 cases. While looking for a Bullesye load, I found a recipe for sub-900 fps for the 1000+ pieces of 165gr plated Ranier JHP I had that called for only 3 grains of powder. Sounded hard to believe, but it's but proved to push only 730 fps down range and very accurate at 25 yards. I think I have a new favorite for my Glock 22.

DaveB

I processed 300 pcs of 22-250 brass for a 8 twist tikka I got awhile back, 70 pcs of 22 hornet brass, and 100 pcs of 6.5 cm brass.
Yeppers, the 70 Accubond would do very well. My 22-250 has the very slow twist and 60 gr Partitions is as heavy as I can go.

We have a 223 Axis that is very accurate and loves the 70. Where are you located?

DaveB

Yes, I think I will inquire of Mr. Nosler his intentions regarding this particular bullet. I bet an entire decade's run would sell out in a week or less

nso123

Yes, I think I will inquire of Mr. Nosler his intentions regarding this particular bullet. I bet an entire decade's run would sell out in a week or less
For what it's worth, that bullet is only listed at one of the distributors I deal with, and it's not in stock there. They have a note limiting them to five boxes per order as well.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Cast some Lee slugs for 12 ga in 7/8 and 1 oz over the weekend. Tried to load them using some lead shot data and 700X. 700X meters like corn flakes. I had given up on it in 38 special loads due to inconsistent charges. I thought it would meter better in the MEC 600 that I keep for slugs and buckshot loads, given the larger volume bushings. It is still too inconsistent for me, will have to try something else.

270 Joe

Loaded some 357s to try with 6 grains of accurate #5, and 158 gr. swc cast bullets. This is a mild load but that's what I wanted for 50 ft. indoor range target shooting. It averaged 881 fps.And was less smoky than hp-38.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Loaded some 357s to try with 6 grains of accurate #5, and 158 gr. swc cast bullets. This is a mild load but that's what I wanted for 50 ft. indoor range target shooting. It averaged 881 fps.And was less smoky than hp-38.
#5 was my go to for 45 ACP when I had it. I picked up some Titegroup which has been working well in 38 spl for me.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Loaded 10 Blue Magics for turkey hunting. 1 1/4 oz Lawrence magnum # 7 1/2 shot, claybuster cb1114-12 wad and ~ grains of my precious and rare Unique powder. 🤣
NIce. I don't have any blue magics sadly, but my mom's neighbor gave me a bag of Remington RXP's and some WAA12's from the 70's.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I tried out some of my slugs over the weekend. Well two rounds exactly. The first was a 700X with WAA12SL in a Cheddite hull, did not crimp well, needs an undershot card I think. It shot but did not achieve stated velocity. The Lee data that specified Herco with a WAA12 wad for a 1 oz slug, must be just plain wrong. It really needs a longer wad, like a WAA12L or SL. The crimp was so dished in, I did not expect it to perform well. And I was correct in my predictions, it turned out to be a blooper and I had a 1 oz slug about 6 inches down the barrel that had to be driven out. I'm going to try some Federal 12S0 wads with 700x and Titewad. The 12S0's seem to fit the Lee slugs better than any of the other wads I have.

Latest posts