What did you do today in the reloading room?

PickettSFHunter

Loading up some 260 Remington this evening. 37 gr Varget. Nosler Brass. 125 gr Nosler Partition. This rifle likes the exact charge and OAL with either the 125 NP or 120 NBT.

Attachments

• DDAD3A61-C9CD-4A01-96B6-B62B2509D572.jpeg
    DDAD3A61-C9CD-4A01-96B6-B62B2509D572.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 51

MUP

Sold some powder and primers. I'm hoping to get busy this new year as well loading and shooting. Deer season was a bust for me this season, first time since 2013 that I haven't gotten a deer, just never felt up to going much. Hoping the testosterone therapy will get me back in the game now.

nso123

Sold some powder and primers. I'm hoping to get busy this new year as well loading and shooting. Deer season was a bust for me this season, first time since 2013 that I haven't gotten a deer, just never felt up to going much. Hoping the testosterone therapy will get me back in the game now.
But you did get to track a deer if that's some consolation.

nso123

All I've done is separate some brass and put it away. Had an order from Millworks brass show up today of 7mm-08 and 10mm brass. They've usually got a hodge podge of rifle and pistol brass available. Worth adding to list to check out sometimes. https://www.millworksbrass.com/
They have some decent prices. Thanks for sharing.

mr.big

I loaded up some 243 loads with 100 grain Sierra bt sp and Al-17.

Fixin' to gift a Savage 243 rifle to a neighborhood Amish kid (age 12) and wanted to give him some ammo to familiarize himself with the gun when he gets it.

Got this gun for a real good price used, and found out why when I took it to the range the first time....top of the receiver is out of spec. to the point that the scope ran out of down elevation at 100 yards while the gun was still shooting well over the target. Thought at first it might have the scope that came on it, but replaced the scope with a known good (Luepold) scope with the same result.
Then, thought maybe the scope bases were bad and replaced them, threw it on the collimator and still the same.
Then, found a +20 MOA one piece in the parts drawer the I was able to mount backwards (using only three of the four screw holes) on the rifle and it seems like it will work, got her buttoned up and bore sited and jus need to take her to the range and confirm.

Hopefully will get to the range the day after Christmas 'cause my wife and daughter always go shopping the day after and The family will, for the most part be heading home.

Crossing my fingers.
If that don't work the Burris Signature rings with the inserts would allow you to get it zeroed. The inserts come in 5 10 and 20moa +/-

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I took the week off of work in order to "do nothing," and really hoped that that included reloading. Well…

Projects (including the unexpected replacement of my car's engine and radiator) and honey do's have held me to opening a new box of Starline .270 Win brass and putting it into load trays. No prep has yet been performed on it.

I did get my new .270 Win barrel installed on Christmas Eve, and have gotten it broken in with a 15 shot firing and cleaning regimen spread out over several days between projects. So I guess I got something done

backyardtndeer

You gonna make the ARC brass from the Grendel??
Yes, going to try it. The 6 arc is based off the grendel and uses a grendel bolt in ar's. From what I have read, I can resize from 6.5 to 6, then will require trimming. I hope it goes well, bit the bullet on Lapua brass for this project.

Looks like ups has my package at the local center, but won't get it until Monday.

mr.big

Yes, going to try it. The 6 arc is based off the grendel and uses a grendel bolt in ar's. From what I have read, I can resize from 6.5 to 6, then will require trimming. I hope it goes well, bit the bullet on Lapua brass for this project.

Looks like ups has my package at the local center, but won't get it until Monday.
should be pretty straight forward, I make 6 ppc brass from 220 Russian Lapua brass and looking at drawings it might be easier to make ARC from the Russian than the Grendel ,,I can send you a couple pieces if you want to try it. Should just be a neck up and fire form job, depending on your chambers neck dia

Last edited:

backyardtndeer

should be pretty straight forward, I make 6 ppc brass from 220 Russian Lapua brass and looking at drawings it might be easier to make ARC from the Russian than the Grendel ,,I can send you a purple pieces if you want to try it. Should just be a neck up and fire form job, depending on your chambers neck dia
Thanks, I may check back with you on that. I definitely don't want to be wasting Lapua brass.

Latest posts