What company provides the best rifle quality today

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Rockhound said:
Ppl still haven't woke up to realize that Remington is going down hill

And they are for sale again, so it may get worse. I own 3 older Remingtons, so I am not against the brand. But if I were buying a new rifle, I would prolly go with the Savage since I have been so impressed with my ML. But Kimber is right about them being ugly.

stik

Kimberman said:
Kimber
Sako
CZ

Savages are very accurate rifles, and they shoot with the high dollar ones, but their fit, finish, and overall quality of their materials are no where near some of the others that cost more. To some that doesn't matter, to some it does.

when shopping for the boy's 7mm08, we compared the savage to a browning abolt. the savage was a much better built rifle. wood-to-metal fit was better. the bolt was smoother and the savage was $200 less. he has been shooting that savage for 10+ years now with no regrets.

Travis13

I personally think the newer M70s are great especially the Extreme Weather models. Also look at the TC Icons, they may be the best value going right now. Fit and finish is very good and accuracy is exceptional.

thehoytman

I shot the best group I have ever shot with a Savage 116. I then sold my Remington and I'm very happy with my new Savage 116. I really don't think even a old Remington can out shoot these new Savages.

Model70Man

Quality means different things to different people. One would have to define quality in their own words to really understand what that person means by quality. IMO, every rifle company out there makes a quality rifle in the price range they are in. Some of the cheaper models are just put together better than others and have better parts. You will usually get what you pay for. Nice things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't nice is a motto I've went by for years. I've added to that motto: Nice things are great to buy on sale for cheap.

I hear alot about the accuracy of Savages but have not personally seen what type of groups people are getting. I personally wouldn't opt for a Savage. The stocks look and feel cheap, I don't like the bolt, don't like the safety, and don't like the way they feel. That doesn't mean it isn't a quality product, just not my quality standards for a hunting rifle.

Tikka's and Savages are very close to the same price range. IMO, the better quality rifle would be the Tikka. It's a well made product, feels good, bolt is slick, and is boringly accurate.

WGK

I agree the fit and finish on a savage is not the best and don't even get me started on that funky bolt. But that aside most of them will shoot lights out. And they wont break the bank.

W.Seay

Model70Man said:
Quality means different things to different people. One would have to define quality in their own words to really understand what that person means by quality. IMO, every rifle company out there makes a quality rifle in the price range they are in. Some of the cheaper models are just put together better than others and have better parts. You will usually get what you pay for. Nice things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't nice is a motto I've went by for years. I've added to that motto: Nice things are great to buy on sale for cheap.

I hear alot about the accuracy of Savages but have not personally seen what type of groups people are getting. I personally wouldn't opt for a Savage. The stocks look and feel cheap, I don't like the bolt, don't like the safety, and don't like the way they feel. That doesn't mean it isn't a quality product, just not my quality standards for a hunting rifle.

Tikka's and Savages are very close to the same price range. IMO, the better quality rifle would be the Tikka. It's a well made product, feels good, bolt is slick, and is boringly accurate.

X2!!!

DMAG

I looked at the Tikka yesterday liked it. Its funny that every company was mentioned and when I asked my friends I hunt with, they all had different opinions as well. Its kind of like the ford vs chevy.

rukiddin

I'll take a early to mid 90's Rem 700 over any new make or model mentioned so far. I would'nt own a salvage if you paid me.

Latest posts