what broadheads work good with crossbows

WVBulldog

Blackouts come in both fixed blade or expandible. I like the fixed blades better. Just personal preference. The Blackout fixed blades fly very (extremly) close to my field points.

Pic IN the Casa

Deerbuster1996 said:
im going to buy NAP thunderheads any one use them or have anything bad to say about them :confused:

I use Thunderheads and have never failed me. Not that I've shot a lot of deer with my crossbow but the few I have have been pass-thru's.

For the money you can NOT beat them. $20 for 3!!! Are you kidding me??? I don't know why more people don't use them- I know it's personal preference but I think more people get sucked into the broadhead advertising vortex than camo preference.

BlackBelt

I know that my experience is probably not typical of most...
but here goes:
I used to buy the expensive broadheads...$13-24 each.

Then one day just for giggles I bought some Allen fixed blade broadheads from WalMart off the clearance aisle priced as a package of 3 broadheads for $7.
The next time I went hunting, I had forgotten my expensive broadheads, but had my WalMart cheapies.
Guess what?
The killed just as well as the expensive ones.

I now have my expensive broadheads sitting in the case, and continue to use the WalMart cheapies. As I did with the expensive broadheads, I ALWAYS clean up the edges of the blades with a sharpener...to clean off any burrs and to just know that they are razor sharp.

IceMann

Deerbuster1996 said:
im going to buy NAP thunderheads any one use them or have anything bad to say about them :confused:
I will only use rage 3 .blade,tried lots of others , but they seem to work well out of a very fast crossbow.
I have killed deer,hog,bear,elk, yotes with the rage,that is enough proof for me..

AlexDad

Used Thunderheads (100g) on my bow and stuck with them when I moved to xbow. As a matter of fact, the first I used on my xbow, I unscrewed them off of my arrows. I can dial them in accurately so I don't want to lose that comfort.

Brad

cecil30-30

I really liked the damage the spitfire did last year,and they fly great,I think this year im gonna switch to the spitfire maxx.it has a cut on contact head,and a 1 3/4 inch cut.

stryker

I love the spit fire but this year I've got some cut on contact that I found on clearance at walmart 1 pk of the 4 blade and a pack of 3 blade all cut on contact and I found those two packs for $5.00 each. They are carbon express brand. I've still got a couple spit fires and I'll keep one close by at all times. I've killed several deer and a bear with them and only lost 1 animal and it was a spine shot that barely missed and we pushed that deer or we would have found it. I've also killed several deer with thunderheads they are good broadheads too. I have to say most animals nev er get out of sight with the spit fire. I hope these cut on contact do some good damage coming at 405 fps. I Love my STRYKER

Latest posts