Wicked Ridge crossbows ??

squirrel_hunter

I been looking at M-370. The invader 400 and raider 400 with de cocker. All has the acu draw a must!! [ bad shoulder] . I was going to get the invader 400. Until i came across the raider 400. Is it worth the extra money? I usually just use a old arrow to unload it. Planning on using a good carbon bolt. With either a 100 gr or 125 gr tooth of a arrow broadhead. Have to get around pick xbow package out. In Arkansas urban hunt startes September 1st thru February 28th. Unlimited deer tags either sex. Anyone shoot one of these xbow? What about tooth of a arrow head?

swd

I would say yes. The de-chocolate chip cookie option is nice, but the real upgrades I see between the two are the trigger and dry fire inhibiter. I have been shooting a bow for nearly 40 years and never dry fired one. I had my first crossbow for a month and dry fired it. I was saved a lot of hassle and potentially money by the DFI...

squirrel_hunter

I didnt know the raider had ani dry fire. I knew it had a better trigger. What brand of carbon bolt are you shooting?The x bow will get used alot. I got a urban hunt permit this yr. September 1st thru February 28th. Its unlimited deer tags and either sex.

squirrel_hunter

Thanks i will look them up. On all the 3 xbows are about the same price. The raider 400 is a little more because the de cocker. It about 100.00 to 125.00 more. Plus the raider has a nice trigger.

Rakkin6

I would go with the Raider myself, I have two Tenpoint crossbows. I shoot the Tenpoint Evo-X Centerpunch arrows and they fly great for me. If you wanted custom arrows you could call Jerry at South Shore Archery he makes a fine arrow. Just tell him the make and model of your crossbow and he probably already has an arrow that he has worked up for it. The Evo X is the heaviest arrow Tenpoint offers so with a 100 grain head you are looking at about 370 fps out of that bow. If you wanted to go lighter remember your arrow speed will increase. The reason I say that is because fixed blade heads tend to get a little erratic at higher speeds 370 may even cause some erratic flight. From what I have seen from the Tooth of the Arrow heads though is they are solid, hard hitting heads that do some damage. You may want to consider buying a pack of mechanicals and fixed and see which ones you like. I have had good luck with the Grim Reaper Crossbow heads both the original and pro series heads. Best of luck brother.

squirrel_hunter

Thanks i went and done my class today for urban hunts. They give me 10 tags to start out with. Unlimited tags either sex starts September 1st thru February 28th. Only thing i got to do is donate the first one. Plus i have 6 deer tags on my regular license. They told us kill as many as we could and donate them. If we didnt want them. Urban hunt starts September 1st here. And regular bow season starts September 28th. So some of the bucks will still be in velvet. I am looking at the swackers 100gr. And tooth of a arrow 100gr.

Latest posts