What a Bow!

Crow Terminator

Well I went Saturday and shot the Mathews Reezen. I didn't like it from picking it up and didn't like the draw cycle either. It is decent up til the last little bit and then she gets tight...too much for me to like. Recoil wise...it's about like a DXT or Drenalin...not too bad for the speed but I didn't like it.

So the guys say "shoot this BowTech". Well I'm an open minded guy when it comes to bows but I'll admit, BowTech wasn't on my want to shoot list. And I'll put it to ya this way...I'm going back Saturday to pick up a 2009 BowTech 82nd Airborne and if I had the money I'd pick up a 2009 BowTech Captain too.

The 82nd will be 28" draw with 60 pound limbs. The "birth certificate" for it showed it at 29" and 60 lbs shooting 338 fps but this bow draws amazing to me. It's a longer A-A bow and all riser. I like it! If I were just going to buy a hunting only bow, instead of a 3D/Hunting combo, the Captain would be my pick for sure.

I'm not sure if the one I shot (Captain) was 60 or 70 pounds but it was smooth and easy to draw all the way through the draw cycle. It was a full 1.5 too long for me and it was still easy to draw and shot super quiet and the absolute smoothest bow I think I've ever shot. Heck I may be in a pickle deciding between the two when I actually get down there Saturday to buy. :)

pjridge

Sounds good CT. Most people thinks the draw cycle on the binaries is really harsh. I for one do not. It is just different than a single cam.

By the way, what pro shop do you use?

JayMc

The 82nd Airborne is a shooter! If you buy a new bow you have to post pictures :D

Radar

Bowtech does make a nice bow . They will be on my short list if/when I'm in the market for a new bow .
I have read the same reports on the Reezen about the harsh draw cycle .

bobthebowhunter

I have an allegiance and love it and I have a used 101st on the way. I would have picked the 82nd but I like a little more brace height to compensate form any mistake I might make in form.

Hope you like the new bow.

Jubal

I've got an 08 82nd and love it. They've made a few improvements on the 09 model which are great - like the string stop being moved. I don't feel like the draw cycle is harsh at all. I have a relatively short draw length, 27", and shooting 310@69# with a 360 gr arrow. (I know speed isn't everything) I have owned and shot several different brands of bows and, so far, the 82nd is my all time favorite.

Latest posts