What bow is everyone using?

Black Titan

Just curious what everyone out there is shooting this season. What's your favorite arrow flinger and what makes you like it above others? Anyone excited for any of the new 2023 releases?

I shoot Elite, after trying a couple different brands. My hunting rig is an Enkore and my target rig is a Rezult. The draw cycle is so darn smooth, and pulling 70 on the Elite feels like 60 on other bows. The tuning ease and adjustability are a couple more reasons why I choose Elite.

BT

UCStandSitter

V3X 29 this year. Had the V3 31 last year. Was a bit long for how I hunt but the 27 had too steep of a string angle. The 29 is Goldilocks. Probably hold onto this guy for a few years.
962DB4DC-2B7B-404A-9BBE-6D68397DA0ED.jpeg

Black Titan

Wow 3 matthews so far! I almost looked into a matthews, and shot a V3 31, but didn't like the big drop-off into the valley. It was a bit of a shock and I almost let it bounce off the back wall and slingshot my shoulder through the riser lol.

I wanted to try a PSE but no local dealers, and I didn't even bother with trying Hoyt because from what I've read, I knew I would like it but I don't have a Hoyt sized wallet haha.

BT

Black Titan

Bowtech Solution, love how flat out easy it is to tune. The cam loc adjustments are the best thing since sliced bread. I'll stick with this one for a while. Got it the way I want and don't see a need in going for the latest and greatest. I'm slinging Black Eagle x-impact arrows.

I think that's the one with very similar adjustments to the Elite SET system, isn't it?

BT

Specializedjon

I shot a PSE Stinger (BPS special) for years. I've shot Hoyt and Bowtech but really like the Mathews. Wasn't sure about the engineering behind the No Cam but it works great. Great back wall and nice gradual valley. Nothing jerky about it. The only jerk is holding the bow. 😂

Urban_Hunter

Bowtech Revolt X
I shot a ton of bows before settling on the Revolt.
I wanted to want the VX3 but every time i drew the bow it canted left and right until settling into place. The biggest problem I had with my Monster (besides a harsh draw cycle) was torquing the bow. I felt like it was a problem for me. I wanted to like the PSE but just didn't, felt bulky and clunky to me. I had pretty much wrote off Hoyt until I shot the Ventum. It's a great bow. I shot the Kure, it was great as well. My favorite was the Bowtech Solution SS. I got to shoot a demo unit and was waiting for one to come in when someone traded in the Revolt X. Shot them side by side and went with the Revolt, plus saved some coin since it was used.

In my opinion, both the Solution SS and the Revolt X maxed out, felt 10 pounds lighter than every other bow I drew back when set to "comfort" on the cam.

Gobble4me757

Matthew's vertix 70# with 29" draw. I just acquired before season. Switched from a 2010 Pse bowmadness and it's a gamechanger. Absolutely love this bow and don't plan on changing anytime soon.

Black Titan

This year is a Hoyt RX7U I got for a steal at 70lbs. Backup bow remains my Athens Ridge 34 at 60lbs that's one of the quietest bows I've ever shot or heard.

Nice! Athens is another brand I wanted to try, but again no local dealers close to me.

I want to get out and try the new Elite Omnia. Supposed to be a real nice shooter. Fast, quiet, stable while aiming. If Harvest has one in lefty I may make the trip up there to give it a go.

BT

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
Nice! Athens is another brand I wanted to try, but again no local dealers close to me.

I want to get out and try the new Elite Omnia. Supposed to be a real nice shooter. Fast, quiet, stable while aiming. If Harvest has one in lefty I may make the trip up there to give it a go.

BT
Well hello local lefty.. I blind bought my Athens, heard they're even better this year.. That's also why I got such a good deal on my Hoyt. The struggles and benefits of being a lefty

Black Titan

Well hello local lefty.. I blind bought my Athens, heard they're even better this year.. That's also why I got such a good deal on my Hoyt. The struggles and benefits of being a lefty

Yeah being a southpaw certainly has its drawbacks, but there's a few benefits sprinkled in there.

The Rezult was my first experience with Elite, and I purchased it used, having never shot one. I instantly became a fan.

BT

Latest posts