What bow is everyone using?

recurve60#

Hoyt Pro Defiant Turbo.
And yes that is a 1984 Kwikee Kwiver from Odell's Sporting Goods. My parents spent money they didn't have to hook me up with a Proline cyclone from him when I was 13,
20221019_203247.jpg
and I'll continue to use the quiver that came with it till I'm not able.

Last edited:

Easy3actual

Shooting a Matthews VXR 28". Got it a during the middle of the season last year. The shop needed it gone so I gave it a home. It's my first bow and I have no complaints. It got its first deer with it two weeks ago. Still working out my stealth draw when the deer coming into bow range, but it's been a fun process to learn.

JN

I am hunting with a Mathew's v3x 33 this year. I shot a v3 31 last year and liked it and wish I had kept it as a back up bow but sold it to a kid wanting a new bow. I have a bow tech realm sr6 that I still shoot but it is just loud compared to the Mathew's even had the dealer look at but they couldn't find anything wrong. So I have started tearing it apart to see what the issue is. If I can get it to quiet down I may go back or using it since I like the back wall and grip better than the Mathew

Black Titan

Alot of Matthews shooters! Surely I can't be the only Elite fan around!

I've been working up some arrow builds for my enkore. Both based on Victory RIP XV shafts in 250 spine. One totals around 430 grains, with a 12% FOC, and the other is 415g with almost 19% FOC. Both shoot bullet holes through paper, and even the 515g is hitting around 280 fps.

havent decided which one i want to hunt with yet though. I gotta see which ones group the best.

BT

Roadracer6

Mathews V3 27" with 27" draw set at 62lbs. Never shot a more accurate bow personally. Had a Hoyt, and haven't touched it since I got the V3.

ZachMarkus

V3X 29 this year. Had the V3 31 last year. Was a bit long for how I hunt but the 27 had too steep of a string angle. The 29 is Goldilocks. Probably hold onto this guy for a few years.
View attachment 152813
I did the same, I've always shot a shorter bow but I bought a V3X 33 last year and I liked the bow it was just a little long for me. I went to the V3X 29 this year and I couldn't be happier with it.

Acorn Goat

I jumped ship from Elite to Hoyt last week. Love a hard shooting bow with a lot of horsepower. My Hoyt twin turbo is shooting a 455 grain arrow at 310fps with almost 96ftlbs of kinetic energy.

Black Titan

I jumped ship from Elite to Hoyt last week. Love a hard shooting bow with a lot of horsepower. My Hoyt twin turbo is shooting a 455 grain arrow at 310fps with almost 96ftlbs of kinetic energy.

Did you try the new Omnia yet? From what I've been reading it's numbers are fairly close to that with a very smooth draw. I won't be able to try one till they release it in lefty but I'm excited about it.

BT