What bow is everyone using?

BigDuhg

Ventum Pro 33 here. Shot about every flagship there is and that is what shot the best for me.

30" draw pulls 68# (restring next year to pull 72ish) pushes 475g 4mm Easton axis 285fps with a 14% FOC.

Attachments

• DC80476F-8487-41F5-81A4-500C623D7718.jpeg
    DC80476F-8487-41F5-81A4-500C623D7718.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 41

7X57

I'm still shooting my 2012 Ben Pearson Legend 29/63. I purchased a Hoyt Carbon Element RKT and the Pearson at the same time. The Hoyt was a great shooting bow, but the Pearson at half the price was such a smoother draw and a whole lot quieter at the shot. I still buy bows to tinker with, but this one goes to the stand with me each fall. It's just so easy to shoot. I'm not sure what happened to Ben Pearson Archery, but looks like it's changed hands a few times. At the time, the Pearson rep told me the Legend's R2B2 cam system was designed by Kevin Strothers.

Black Titan

Depending on how I'm feeling, either a Palmer Classic Recurve 62", about 58-59# at 29.5" draw length

Or

My Baltic Bows Longbow 62", 50# at 29.5" draw length 👍🏽👍🏽

Nice! I bet hunting with that style bow is a whole different ballgame than a compound. I'd like to try one some day but know next to nothing about bows other than compounds.

BT

tonybart55

Nice! I bet hunting with that style bow is a whole different ballgame than a compound. I'd like to try one some day but know next to nothing about bows other than compounds.

BT
Well this is my first year taking a traditional bow out hunting lol got my first recurve kill this year and hoping to get my first with a longbow too!

And I learned about traditional archery (form, aiming methods, etc) off of YouTube. Been shooting since April 2021 hoping to take it out this year!

Below are some awesome informative videos that helped me 👍🏽👍🏽

The Push Archery

Clay Hayes' Playlist

Black Titan

Well this is my first year taking a traditional bow out hunting lol got my first recurve kill this year and hoping to get my first with a longbow too!

And I learned about traditional archery (form, aiming methods, etc) off of YouTube. Been shooting since April 2021 hoping to take it out this year!

Below are some awesome informative videos that helped me 👍🏽👍🏽

The Push Archery

Clay Hayes' Playlist

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'll look over that before I take the plunge for sure. Half of the battle is finding something decent that's not made overseas for a lefty.

BT

redblood

Bought a new matthews v3 last yr at Christmas. Took it back the next day . Felt like an anchor and the draw cycle was harsh. Swapped it for a new bowtech solution ss. Absolutely the smoothest easiest to draw bow i have picked up. SS stands for super smooth and they aint lying. 7 " brace height . Which works great for me at 31" draw and 75 pounds

Attachments

• 40102E2F-1A0E-4D9B-AA9C-3FC982CDAE1D.png
    40102E2F-1A0E-4D9B-AA9C-3FC982CDAE1D.png
    391.8 KB · Views: 46

1smoothredneck

Mathews MQ32. Yea it's old. So am I. The deer don't care. I've been hunting with that bow since '99. I'll be shooting my son's two year old PSE next season, cause he's getting the Mathews Phase 4 33 for his birthday in March. I guess we both get new bows. lol

Just curious what everyone out there is shooting this season. What's your favorite arrow flinger and what makes you like it above others? Anyone excited for any of the new 2023 releases?

I shoot Elite, after trying a couple different brands. My hunting rig is an Enkore and my target rig is a Rezult. The draw cycle is so darn smooth, and pulling 70 on the Elite feels like 60 on other bows. The tuning ease and adjustability are a couple more reasons why I choose Elite.

BT
I am currently using an Elite Impulse, older bow but works for me.

Methane

No PSE fans? I love my Drive 3B. Picked it up at Dickson Sportsman 2 Decembers ago. I tried the Mathews, Hoyt, and PSE. Love the way this bow feels and it is light and small. Since it was the end of the year, black was my only color option.

No PSE fans? I love my Drive 3B. Picked it up at Dickson Sportsman 2 Decembers ago. I tried the Mathews, Hoyt, and PSE. Love the way this bow feels and it is light and small. Since it was the end of the year, black was my only color option.
Alot of great bows being made. Hoyt,Mathews,PSE,Elite,Prime etc etc.
Whatever bow feels right to YOU. Draw cycle,holding weight,string angle etc etc. Its all a personal choice.

UCStandSitter

Alot of great bows being made. Hoyt,Mathews,PSE,Elite,Prime etc etc.
Whatever bow feels right to YOU. Draw cycle,holding weight,string angle etc etc. Its all a personal choice.
Agree. Brand used to matter more than it does now. I am still a Mathews fanboy because it's what I've shot for almost 20 yrs and I'm comfortable with that feel. That said, I wouldn't shy away from a PSE, Hoyt, Prime or definitely an Elite. Big fan of those bows. Surprised what they've come out with at their price point.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
2015 Bowtech carbon icon. Still have the 2007 Bowtech Tomkat in reserve. I am about due to upgrade, haven't even started the process of deciding what i want yet.

Agree. Brand used to matter more than it does now. I am still a Mathews fanboy because it's what I've shot for almost 20 yrs and I'm comfortable with that feel. That said, I wouldn't shy away from a PSE, Hoyt, Prime or definitely an Elite. Big fan of those bows. Surprised what they've come out with at their price point.
Just noticed I have been wearing a Hoyt hat and I haven't shot my Hoyt in a few years. Haha

Latest posts