West TN rut

Jaahspike

We hunt Gibson county and we will hunt hard starting the 17th they the end of the month. That is when we have seen the most rutting activity on our farm.

cbhunter

Spurhunter":383hjqss said:
I hunt near Lexington TN and I'm taking /scheduling vacation for the next couple weeks. What's everyone thinking about the timing of the peak rut activity?

I hunt in Huntingdon and I'd say you hit the nail squarely on the head! The next 2 weeks should be prime time IMO

Bucket

I agree with TN Droptine on Chester County - Henderson County shouldn't be that different. My observation has been that things don't really get going until rifle season rolls around. Gives me the opportunity to hunt the earlier rut in middle TN, then slide over and hunt the later West TN rut. Best of both worlds!

TX300mag

Bucket":xs96184g said:
I agree with TN Droptine on Chester County - Henderson County shouldn't be that different. My observation has been that things don't really get going until rifle season rolls around. Gives me the opportunity to hunt the earlier rut in middle TN, then slide over and hunt the later West TN rut. Best of both worlds!

This is the case for Henderson Co.

In NW Henderson Co it exploded last year on the first week of December.

Greentimber

Gibson county

Have seen several new bucks within the last week. Have seen both cruising and chasing/pestering does. So far, all of them have been small yearling bucks. The big guys will start appearing between now and rifle opener then it'll probably stay good till thanksgiving plus a few days. That's the historical pattern here and this year looks well aligned with that experience.

Latest posts