Went to the pit today

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
When you lease a place out of state why would the people leasing it over the years give it up?
Priced out, quit hunting, got a better place, lack of whatever game you're hunting, or bad neighbors. Just off the top of my head.

jman 125

Not in a pit in Missouri :)
I hate to say it but it wi effect in Missouri if a pit 100000 miles away shoots while you are working ducks they will leave. Thats why we quit leasing in Missouri and went back to Arkansas till all the ducks became extinct and we started back deer hunting

drake799

I always thought the dry years would be great if you had water. What I have observed for us, is less ducks. My thoughts is they don't stay in the area once they are shot out of the water holes they have.
Agreed. It's usually a murder opening day then pretty slow after that unless birds are coming in new to the area

RobbyW

I love reading about all the places y'all are bringing up. I grew up in Gosnell and know all those areas y'all are talking about. My brother farms all around there and leases out pits. He has waiting list for any that comes open but he doesn't have turn over much. He farms about 7K acres and those pits in rice fields are easy money.

Latest posts