Weather Forecasts/Apps

Spurhunter

It is amazing to me how the wind forecast is always wrong at my home lake. The other day I was driving across the dam and my weather apps said NW 1 MPH. The lake was almost white capping. I text one of my fishing buddies this morning and said "you should be loading the boat. Weatherman says E 1 MPH". He immediately sent me this pic:
IMG_4755.jpg

For decades Sardis fishermen have subscribed to one of two rules of thumb: Take the wind forecast and add 5 or take the wind forecast and double it. Does this incredible lack of accuracy happen everywhere or just Sardis? You would think in 2023 with all the technology they could at least get it close, but they never do. I find the National Weather Service webpage to be the closest, but still pretty far off. The apps are much easier to use on a phone, but they aren't nearly as "accurate". What's your weather app of choice?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Weatherbug used to be awesome.
For whatever reason it went to total crap.

I use accuweather now and it's "ok" but not spectacular.

Spurhunter

Weatherbug used to be awesome.
For whatever reason it went to total crap.

I use accuweather now and it's "ok" but not spectacular.
Some of our guys in our fishing group use weatherbug, the weather.com app, accuweather, and probably some others. They all seem to be about the same. They want me to put a weather station at my place. 😅

Latest posts