Was a great morning!!

Andy S.

I didn't have him on trailcam so it was a surprise sighting.
Congrats on a great hunt, and one you will remember and cherish forever. I quoted your text above because SO MANY let trail cameras dictate their drive, passion and effort toward hunting. I love trail cameras, and they have their place, but they miss SO MUCH MORE than they reveal. Do not let trail camera photos, or lack thereof, dictate your drive to get in the woods to hunt. It seems I see more and more doing that exact thing these days. Great hunt and great story, thanks for sharing.

7mm08

Must of been a great feeling pulling in the driveway!!!! Ha!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3285.jpeg
    IMG_3285.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 27

tanasirivertea

Two things:
1. WOW what a hunt! Congrats and good job closing the deal 3 times!
2. you must have had your scent in check for 2 shots to blast and still have deer hangin around! was it just wind? or do you attribute to scent control measures? just curious!

Grizzly Johnson

Two things:
1. WOW what a hunt! Congrats and good job closing the deal 3 times!
2. you must have had your scent in check for 2 shots to blast and still have deer hangin around! was it just wind? or do you attribute to scent control measures? just curious!
The last 2 years I have been really scent control conscious. I take a shower first thing in the morning in scent killing body wash… I wash ALL my hunting clothes in the scent killer laundry wash and unscented dryer sheets. Then they go in plastic bags and then in large totes until time to wear. I carry a large gear bag that I put my outer layer in, which is also in a plastic bag. I wear the generic muck boots that Co-op and TSC sell… my outer gear only comes out once I have gotten to the parking spot and goes right back in the bag when I am done. If I sweated or feel like there was any human odor contamination, the outer pieces will be rewashed and stored. This year I have started using a scent killing bag that I put my safety harness, cap, gloves, anything else that is small and comes in contact with my skin or hands…. even put my backpack in that I carry my smaller gear and items in… Matter of fact, wind was swirling around and they never once acted alarmed… a few of them even walked in the path that I walked in on. The day before, a spike pushed a doe right under my stand and neither one took notice of me.

Latest posts