Was a great morning!!

Grizzly Johnson

It was a blessed morning out in Gods creation. Was patient watching several does and not only wound up with meat for the table, but also my biggest antlered points buck. 9pt. I didn't have him on trailcam so it was a surprise sighting. I was watching some does when a few more came out. I caught what I thought was a tine in the sunshine coming through the cedar trees, so I held off on a doe. Sure enough he popped out and started dogging the does. I got him to stop and dropped the hammer on the ole CVA muzzleloader. The does confused, looked around long enough for me to reload and take one. I was waiting for the rest to scatter away so I could get down. A couple kept sniffing around the downed doe and I reloaded again to take another. What a morning. Meat for the freezer and a very nice buck. I am done until rifle season starts… I have been running cameras and was a little frustrated by the lack of pictures until reading through a post on that very topic a few days ago. I transitioned a couple of cameras from summer mineral sites to mock scraps and then started getting better pics.

Good luck and happy hunting to you all.

Attachments

• IMG_4463.jpeg
    IMG_4463.jpeg
    417 KB · Views: 472
  • 72088620187__508D350A-3DDE-4CBE-A3AF-A0046A4D11BC.jpeg
    72088620187__508D350A-3DDE-4CBE-A3AF-A0046A4D11BC.jpeg
    653.2 KB · Views: 469
  • 72088623187__2E3B7AFB-5927-437C-B79D-2887595CC7BA.jpeg
    72088623187__2E3B7AFB-5927-437C-B79D-2887595CC7BA.jpeg
    747.1 KB · Views: 470

Snake

It was a blessed morning out in Gods creation. Was patient watching several does and not only wound up with meat for the table, but also my biggest antlered points buck. 9pt. I didn't have him on trailcam so it was a surprise sighting. I was watching some does when a few more came out. I caught what I thought was a tine in the sunshine coming through the cedar trees, so I held off on a doe. Sure enough he popped out and started dogging the does. I got him to stop and dropped the hammer on the ole CVA muzzleloader. The does confused, looked around long enough for me to reload and take one. I was waiting for the rest to scatter away so I could get down. A couple kept sniffing around the downed doe and I reloaded again to take another. What a morning. Meat for the freezer and a very nice buck. I am done until rifle season starts… I have been running cameras and was a little frustrated by the lack of pictures until reading through a post on that very topic a few days ago. I transitioned a couple of cameras from summer mineral sites to mock scraps and then started getting better pics.

Good luck and happy hunting to you all.
Dang brother that's a really nice buck . Congrats on all your deer . I remember those morning long ago , it's awesome but I'm too old to fool with that any anymore . You get em Griz .

Latest posts