Wanting to get into coyote hunting near Memphis, any help?

MudIslandMemphis

So I've been coyote hunting a couple times before I moved here from East TN. Never had any luck though but have always been intrigued by it. I was wondering if anybody on here could recommend some public land near Memphis that I could start going. I have never hunted public land for anything before so some of the regulations and etiquette are new to me. I live just a few minutes from Shelby Forest WMA, but could not find anywhere if coyote hunting is legal there. I am 25 years old, in dental school, an officer in the Navy, and a very respectful hunter, just looking to finally start hunting more now that school has slowed down. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

TN Song Dog

Re: Wanting to get into coyote hunting near Memphis, any hel

Most WMA allow it. Just look up Shelby Forrest specific regs and go talk with the officer who runs it. There has been past confusion about use of centerfire rifles outside of deer season on WMA, so I advise you talk to the TWRA officer to confirm. They might also give you some extra insight on hunting that WMA or even suggest another one near by that might be better. Good luck!

bonehead

Re: Wanting to get into coyote hunting near Memphis, any hel

There are some NWR'S in tipton county just north of you. I deer hunt them and have seen
plenty of coyotes out there as well.

Latest posts