Coyote "Rut"

bigjohn

2-Step Enabled
I've heard February is the main month for yote breeding. I've had good luck calling on the xtreme cold days around really thick cover . I think they seek shelter to stay warm.

Smoke

Anytime through March is a good time to be after them. Mornings and evenings work but on days it doesn't get above 50 or so I've killed them all day long. After first of the morning get out of the fields and get in woods and thickets.

Matt O

I'm definitely seeing them more and more during the day on my cams, but I can't call one in for the life of me.

868032066710090-70-3-02082024104004-W1000489.JPG

hammer33

Had a pack hunting my dogs last night. They were sounding off across the street and my dogs went to barking. A few minutes later they went nuts on the other side of the fence by the house. I tried to sneak up to the fence with a light but they winded me and ran off across the cattle pasture. Half hour later they had come back and were across the fence from my dogs raising a ruckus trying to get my dogs to come out of the yard.
This pack has avoided my yote traps .....so far. Time to move them to some new locations.

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
During the mating season, adult males will usually get closer to properties that have dogs, especially female dogs. That coyote has a nose that is about 1,000 times better at detection than your house dog. There are only two genders in coyotes and they are equal opportunity breeders.

Coy-dogs happen every year. Do a google image search on COYDOGS. I have only trapped one coydog in my life.

Speedwell-Hunter

ser to properties that have dogs, especially female dogs. That coyote has a nose that is about 1,000 times better at det
During the mating season, adult males will usually get closer to properties that have dogs, especially female dogs. That coyote has a nose that is about 1,000 times better at detection than your house dog. There are only two genders in coyotes and they are equal opportunity breeders.

Coy-dogs happen every year. Do a google image search on COYDOGS. I have only trapped one coydog in my life.

Dean, that is awesome! How is the investing going in 2024? Hope all is good

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
The stocks don't know I own them and would not behave any differently if they did! Truth be told it's been one beautiful runup since the first week in November. The purpose of markets is to separate those weak holders from the strong. Greed and Fear, Pain and Pleasure, human emotions haven't changed for about 10,000 years. Charts don't lie. Buy the broad markets and sit.

Latest posts