Vitello suspended

prstide

The point you keep skipping over is that there doesn't need to be criminal charges for Bama to suspend him. He took a weapon, at 1:30 in the morning, to two team mates that was used to take the life of a young mother. If he had used the great upbringing that he supposedly had at Cane Ridge, he would have realized that was a really bad idea. Instead, his actions directly led to the death of that girl.

Most schools would have realize the terrible PR they would be facing by continuing to play him and would have suspended him. It wouldn't have done much to his upcoming lottery pick, but likely would have taken Bama off the short list for the final 4. It is no surprise that Bama chose the win at all cost route. It is totally consistent with how they have handled problems with their athletes in past times.
Your take on the events and what the actual reality is of the events that took place are very far apart. I can't help you there but can share my opinion that UT sucks and that it feels like 98 again. 😬

DaveTN

The point you keep skipping over is that there doesn't need to be criminal charges for Bama to suspend him. He took a weapon, at 1:30 in the morning, to two team mates that was used to take the life of a young mother. If he had used the great upbringing that he supposedly had at Cane Ridge, he would have realized that was a really bad idea. Instead, his actions directly led to the death of that girl.

Most schools would have realize the terrible PR they would be facing by continuing to play him and would have suspended him. It wouldn't have done much to his upcoming lottery pick, but likely would have taken Bama off the short list for the final 4. It is no surprise that Bama chose the win at all cost route. It is totally consistent with how they have handled problems with their athletes in past times.
I'd say the PR problem is a catch 22, wouldn't you? You can do nothing, or you can suspend a black man that has only been accused by the MSM and social media of bringing the gun to the crime. You can make whatever arguments you want about the gun being in his car, which if they can prove he knew it would make him an accomplice. But an investigation has been done, and he has not been arrested or charged.

Everyone involved is either a thug with a gun, or someone that hangs with thugs with guns and is okay with that. I can remember when everyone like that would have been barred from participating in sports. That is not the case anymore.

volboy

Ahuna was declared to be eligible to play beginning with tomorrow's game.
Wondering what took so long on this transfer. I am sure adhere are other schools that go thru this but seems in the last 5 years UT has had several across the 3 major men's sports that did not get cleared until after the season begins.

Some will say tampering or whatever but I think the issue was he got into portal and then ut paid for flight for recruiting visit but they had not received his official transcript. When that was found, UT self reported the level 3 and did the typical recruiting training for the staff, as is done at most all of the other schools on a level 3 violation. If NCAA had issues looks like that would have been addressed prior to telling the kid 2 hours before the 1st game.

Oh well, I guess better late than never.

PalsPal

Hopefully this is all behind us

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230227-142035_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230227-142035_Chrome.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts