Vitello suspended

volboy

Speculation is possible recruitment of Ahuna
UT already self reported a violation last summer. Hopefully it isn't anything stupid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230224-163418_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224-163418_Gallery.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 44

wayne

Apparently Tony V took a private jet to see Ahuna during the dead period.
Van Horn(Arky) turned him in.

wayne

So, the issue seems to be that Tony V made the trip to visit Ahuna on Sunday, May 22nd. Ahuna entered the portal on Monday the 23rd. It has nothing to do with a "dead period," but rather the fact that you cannot make contact with an athlete from another school who is not in the transfer portal. In this case, it goes from Impermissible Contact to Tampering, and if NIL was also pitched prior, it could rise to a Level 1 Tampering violation (which could cost him his job) versus a Level 2 violation (which wouldn't).
I think the Tampering would be very hard to prove. There would almost have to be a paper trail.

PalsPal

Obviously, a violation occurred, and hopefully a very minor one.

But, if the other SEC coaches are turning him in for that and then said coach is outed, they will be crucified when they play in Knoxville.

I had also read that Corbin might have been in on it, which is plausible. You know he hates the shiny, new young guy honing in on his state.

wayne

Obviously, a violation occurred, and hopefully a very minor one.

But, if the other SEC coaches are turning him in for that and then said coach is outed, they will be crucified when they play in Knoxville.

I had also read that Corbin might have been in on it, which is plausible. You know he hates the shiny, new young guy honing in on his state.
My second post was from a guy who claims his info source was Corbin's wife.

PalsPal

Heard he will be suspended for the entire season but will not lose his job. My friend son is a pitcher on the team. Just relaying what he is saying

This was in response to that same conjecture on another site. Who knows what's true!

Everybody take a deep breath. This isn't a major issue. TV will be back next week, and Ahuna will be eligible.

And word I have been hearing is that it was a collusive effort between Corbin, Van Horn, and Johnson, along with Fitzgerald, who is the new Kansas coach and was Johnson's lead assistant and recruiting coordinator at LSU last year.

prstide

But it is OK to bring a murder weapon to a team member............
This is an inaccurate take and only what the media driven narrative has been trying to make people believe. You were in law enforcement; do you honestly believe if what you inferred were true that Brandon Miller wouldn't be in jail with Miles and Davis? There is tons of video evidence, including dash cam from his own vehicle, phone records, and other witness testimonies to corroborate Millers account given to Tuscaloosa PD investigators while being interrogated.
You're better than that sir.

Trey13

This was in response to that same conjecture on another site. Who knows what's true!

Everybody take a deep breath. This isn't a major issue. TV will be back next week, and Ahuna will be eligible.

And word I have been hearing is that it was a collusive effort between Corbin, Van Horn, and Johnson, along with Fitzgerald, who is the new Kansas coach and was Johnson's lead assistant and recruiting coordinator at LSU last year.
Probably correct. I was just passing along what I heard. I told him I find it hard to believe even suspending him for the year. Maybe two series but that's it.

Trey13

This is an inaccurate take and only what the media driven narrative has been trying to make people believe. You were in law enforcement; do you honestly believe if what you inferred were true that Brandon Miller wouldn't be in jail with Miles and Davis? There is tons of video evidence, including dash cam from his own vehicle, phone records, and other witness testimonies to corroborate Millers account given to Tuscaloosa PD investigators while being interrogated.
Imagine that

scn

I ABSOLUTELY believe that if the same scenario had taken place and Miller was not a starting star on the Bama basketball team that he would have been charged!

Bama has ALWAYS had the Tuscaloosa PD in their hip pocket. It goes all the way back to the Bear Bryant days. They once had a starting fullback shoot at someone with a 16 ga after a minor traffic accident and nothing was done. He didn't even miss any games as the Bear said he hadn't violated any team rules.

I would about guarantee that if Miller was playing for Barnes that he would no longer be on the team.

I hope you thought the little patting down routine that they did on Miller today was cute.

Fortunately, the whole country is getting to see what Bama is all about.

Last edited:

THEdonkey0515

I ABSOLUTELY believe that if the same scenario had taken place and Miller was not a starting star on the Bama basketball team that he would have been charged!

Bama has ALWAYS had the Tuscaloosa PD in their hip pocket. It goes all the way back to the Bear Bryant days. They once had a starting fullback shoot at someone with a 16 ga after a minor traffic accident and nothing was done. He didn't even miss any games as the Bear said he hadn't violated any team rules.

I would about guarantee that if Miller was playing for Barnes that he would no longer be on the team.

I hope you thought the little patting down routine that they did on Miller today was cute.

Fortunately, the whole country is getting to see what Bama is all about.
Agree,

Meanwhile miller's pre game routine consists of him getting pat down by a teammate! like checking for a weapon when coming out of tunnel.

his coach of course set on stage spewing a bunch of excuses for him afterwards what a joke.

Last edited:

wayne

So Miller didn't deliver the gun, at the request of Miles, to the location where it was used by Davis to murder an innocent woman?