Venison philly cheese steak

JimFromTN

I just had this for lunch. I wish I had picture.

I butcher all my own deer so I have an advantage over those that pay someone else to do it. I remove all the meat from the bone and I seperate all the muscles to make my roasts.

Anyhow, I took a 1 lb roast out of the freezer and thawed it out. I then sliced it about 1/2 inch thick and then pounded it out as thin as I could get it. While this was going on, I had a bell pepper, an onion, and some mushrooms saute'ing in a pan. I also just so happen to have some french bread in the oven. I seasoned the meat with salt, pepper, garlic, and cyaenne pepper. Threw the meat in a hot skillet and seard it on both sides. Sliced open the entire loaf of bread and layed the steaks in it and then threw on some matzarella cheese and then pour over the pepper, onion, and mushroom mixture.

I ate the whole thing. I am going to lay down and take a nap now.

TennesseeRains

Sounds good. Here's one I made:

sammy.jpg

JimFromTN

TennesseeRains said:
Sounds good. Here's one I made:

sammy.jpg

That looks pretty close to what I had earlier. I pounded out slices of meat and the bread had a thinner diameter but was probably twice as long. I had to turn it up on its back so everything would not fall out. The meat on yours looks chopped. Did you do that before or after you cooked it?

TennesseeRains

I chopped it prior to cooking, so it would get done faster! I was hungry! Most times I want better bread than that too - but it was what I had at the time.

Latest posts