UT QB Sheriron Jones

TeamMainStreet

Is transferring to Colorado. I wanted to see what the guy had on the field. Just from seeing his recruiting videos, I thought he would be pretty good. Anyways, good luck.

huntinkev

I don't blame him, he appeared to have potential but it doesn't look like he will get to show it here. I don't understand under butch's system why he didn't get a shot over Dormandy. I don't doubt Dormandy is the better pro style QB. But it's obvious we need a dual threat QB under Butch's current system. If your QB can't run well then the read option is worthless, which we seen under Worley.

PalsPal

huntinkev":1sqwfy04 said:
I don't blame him, he appeared to have potential but it doesn't look like he will get to show it here. I don't understand under butch's system why he didn't get a shot over Dormandy. I don't doubt Dormandy is the better pro style QB. But it's obvious we need a dual threat QB under Butch's current system. If your QB can't run well then the read option is worthless, which we seen under Worley.

Good points.

There is concern that Dormady may leave also.

gator-n-buck

I have mentioned this before and got blasted but wouldn't Dormady or any other pro-style QB running CBJ offense be like Worley running it???

It's kind of a waste of time to run a zone read offense with a QB that's not going to run.

THEdonkey0515

Won't Tennessee have a senior (Dobbs) dual-threat QB running there offense next season?

Don't tennesee have a pretty good 4* #2 position ranked Dual threat QB coming in next season?

Dormandy will be the back up next season (if he stays), then he will have to beat out Guarantano in 2017.

Dormandy will be a JR then have to beat out Guarantano before he even gets the chance to start at UT unless Dobbs gets injured, I'm gonna guess he don't like that. He wants to play now.

Since Guarantano fits the system better he might possibly get the nod over him anyways, probably why the rumors of Domnady leaving are buzzing around.

Everyone has pretty much known Dormandy or Guarantano will move on from Tennessee just hope the vols don't screw around and lose both :bash:

huntinkev

I would find it hard to see a freshman beat out a junior talented qb. But we will see. If I was getting wind of this notion that I wouldn't start because I don't fit the system and I was dormady then I would leave.

THEdonkey0515

huntinkev":nn9xio7q said:
I would find it hard to see a freshman beat out a junior talented qb. But we will see. If I was getting wind of this notion that I wouldn't start because I don't fit the system and I was dormady then I would leave.
Yeah I don't see a JR getting beat out by a redshirt freshman. but who knows it happens all the time. If you was dormady would you even wanna take that chance? Knowing that the freshman is very talented, and fits the system perfect.

wayne

I would like to see Dormady get some pt early next year to see how different/better the offense might look.

redblood

it doesn't make sense for Dormady to stay if Butch does. Dormady is a strong arm pocket passer who throws outside the numbers. UT don't pass to often to wideouts. He would deserves a shot to play somewhere

PalsPal

redblood":2fnvduuj said:
it doesn't make sense for Dormady to stay if Butch does. Dormady is a strong arm pocket passer who throws outside the numbers. UT don't pass to often to wideouts. He would deserves a shot to play somewhere

Then why did he sign to play for him?

TeamMainStreet

Hillbilly Hunter":23wfkzph said:
Dormady is mobile as well. He isn't quite as fast as Dobbs, but much more accurate.

He has a willingness to run that Justin Worley didn't have but he is definately not as fast or fluid as Josh Dobbs. He is mobile enough to extend plays that Worley never would have tried to extend so yes he is mobile somewhat.

Dormady has the arm to get it done IMO and I think he will get his shot if he doesn't leave first.

LY

UT's reluctance to throw outside the numbers is likely due to Dobbs less than stellar throwing ability. I'd bet if Dobbs was more accurate and maybe had a stronger arm, then the coaches would be more willing to add a few more of those type plays.

PalsPal

LY":1ot65to0 said:
UT's reluctance to throw outside the numbers is likely due to Dobbs less than stellar throwing ability. I'd bet if Dobbs was more accurate and maybe had a stronger arm, then the coaches would be more willing to add a few more of those type plays.

I think his arm strength is fine, it is touch that he lacks. However, it seemed to get better this year

Concerning Dormady, he doesn't need blazing speed. If Worley had just kept a few on the zone reads he could have fallen forward for a 3-4 yard gain as there would be no one in his path. Without that threat, the plays just didn't work.

It was the rumor that playing time/style was not the reason for his possible moving on.

wayne

PalsPal":hdbglkhg said:
LY":hdbglkhg said:

I think his arm strength is fine, it is touch that he lacks. However, it seemed to get better this year

Concerning Dormady, he doesn't need blazing speed. If Worley had just kept a few on the zone reads he could have fallen forward for a 3-4 yard gain as there would be no one in his path. Without that threat, the plays just didn't work.

It was the rumor that playing time/style was not the reason for his possible moving on.
So......what's the rumor?

Latest posts