Useless fishing data

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Yes, I am bored.
No, I am not bragging.
Yes, I am a useless data junkie.

Started keeping a spreadsheet of all my fishing trips this year.
I find it interesting to go back and look at what I caught and when.
If you have no interest knowing what I caught and when look no further. LOL

Monthly totals (this is all species)
January 34
February 19
March 87
April 393
May 377
June 273
July 477
August 257
September 184
October 6

I made 102 trips so far this year.
Caught fish number 1,000 on June 10
Caught fish number 2,000 on September 7

I have caught 2,107 fish so far.
Co-anglers have caught 444
I have kept 845 fish this year.

Top three species:
Bream 984
Crappie 860
Largemouth 142

Highlights:
7 TARP bream, heaviest was 1 pound 6 ounces (the largest was out of public water)
1 TARP crappie, weighed 2 pounds 6 ounces (public water)
Caught a TARP bream in the second trip in my new boat. The first ever from that body of water. The first time @rem270 ever fished with me. #sfmafia
Best two numbers days were 131 and 157.
The 157 was a two lake, one day total of 8 hours on the water.

Caught a total of 15 different species.

Been a good ride.
With duck season starting I am probably very near the end for this year but plan on at least a few more trips.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
very nice.

how is that guys big bluegill lake doing? i was thinking about that when i saw some ponds around here almost dry and some dry as a bone.
Talked to him the other day and he said he believes you could just reach out with a dipnet and scoop them up. :(
He went on to say, I have a whole house generator but still don't have a well for my pond. 🤬 🤬

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Yea, but how many with the livescope?
I might add that out of all those crappie I probably didn't keep 50.
The day I caught the big one that was number 130 for the day and it was the only keeper I caught. LOL
I put it back too, I just couldn't be the one to kill a crappie that big out of what is basically a large pond. :D

WTM

Talked to him the other day and he said he believes you could just reach out with a dipnet and scoop them up. :(
He went on to say, I have a whole house generator but still don't have a well for my pond. 🤬 🤬
man i hate that. i was hoping yall had more rain up that way. aome of these cattle farms are going to be in trouble if they dont get rain to fill up their ponds.

kind of crazy, carroll lake is gushing water over the spillway. must have an underground spring feeding it.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
man i hate that. i was hoping yall had more rain up that way. aome of these cattle farms are going to be in trouble if they dont get rain to fill up their ponds.

kind of crazy, carroll lake is gushing water over the spillway. must have an underground spring feeding it.
I haven't been by there in a while, but oddly enough the same guy asked me where the pump was that fed Carroll Lake back this Summer. LOL
He said there has to be one because it always has water running out. LOL

I talked to a guy that lives near there and he said way in the back and to the East there are several springs back there.

It's bigtime dry here.
The pond I fish near the house is showing about 6 feet of "bank" that is normally not there.
Fish seem to be doing ok though, they installed a fountain deal this Summer, actually 2 of them, that spray water about 20' in the air.
I was sure glad to see that.

woodsman04

Interesting. Why so few in winter and or fall? Did you go less? I would think August would be the lowest number. Or early September.

I like fishing every month except for August pretty much.

Cool data.

TNReb

Awesome!

If I kept a log of every trip at least half of them would be blank!

I swear I don't know why I even keep fishing!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Interesting. Why so few in winter and or fall? Did you go less? I would think August would be the lowest number. Or early September.

I like fishing every month except for August pretty much.

Cool data.
In both cases it was due to lack of trips.
In January I only went 5 times and got skunked two of those.
February only 5 times.
March I went 13 times but got skunked twice and my numbers were pretty low.
September was pretty good but I dropped off quick after that, only been twice in October.