Fishing is crazy

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Watching mlf and Alton jones jr finished with 81 pounds 15 ounces.
Second place had 22 pounds 15 ounces.
19 fish to 5 and at one time he also had the big bass at 7 pounds 10 ounces.
This was in a 2,000 acre lake.

How can one guy dominate in a situation like that ???
Absolutely crazy.

nso123

Watching mlf and Alton jones jr finished with 81 pounds 15 ounces.
Second place had 22 pounds 15 ounces.
19 fish to 5 and at one time he also had the big bass at 7 pounds 10 ounces.
This was in a 2,000 acre lake.

How can one guy dominate in a situation like that ???
Absolutely crazy.
He picked the right shade of the right color with the right amount of weight.

JBell

lol 😂
Actually I never saw him even look at a screen!!! Just flipping bushes and cypress trees just like most of the other guys.
I'm just taking a stab at the haters. Seems like when junior finds what they like, he's hard to keep up with. I've seen him run away with more than one

redblood

Some guys have the knack. But man watching bass fishing is like watching golf to me. Id rather watch paint dry. Oddly though, i use to love the ol bassmaster series when i was in high school circa 1992

redblood

Rick Clunn still competes. I don't think Hank has fished tournaments in years. KVD "retired" a year or two ago. I don't know if he stayed that way.
I forgot jimmy houston and roland martin.

I think Jimmy Houston is still going- watched him fishing with richard gene on his private lake for crappie not long ago.

Last time i saw hank he was on a late night infomercial pedalling some cheap broadheads

Spurhunter

Rick Clunn posted this March 1st after the Elite tournament on Lake Fork:
Screenshot_20240310-084525_Facebook.jpg

Spurhunter

I forgot jimmy houston and roland martin.
Jimmy Houston is a super nice guy, but I never liked Roland Martin. I always heard he was an arrogant tool. However, I watched him in a tournament with a co-angler and he told the co-angler something like "let me catch one more good one and we will get you five." And he did. It's been a long time ago, but I think the co-angler won his division. That went a long way with me.

Crow Terminator

I know a guy who fished as a co angler with Clunn. He said before the tournament started, he was excited to get to fish with one of his heros. First words out of Clunns mouth to him was to the effect of "I don't want you talking to me. You're not to ask me questions. I don't want to hear a sound from you. Don't disturb me. I'm the Pro. You're the co angler. This is my job, not yours. I'm fishing for a living, You're not". And he said it was the most miserable fishing experience of any tournament he fished.

Spurhunter

I know a guy who fished as a co angler with Clunn. He said before the tournament started, he was excited to get to fish with one of his heros. First words out of Clunns mouth to him was to the effect of "I don't want you talking to me. You're not to ask me questions. I don't want to hear a sound from you. Don't disturb me. I'm the Pro. You're the co angler. This is my job, not yours. I'm fishing for a living, You're not". And he said it was the most miserable fishing experience of any tournament he fished.
I have a friend that fished with him also. My friend said Clunn has some odd deal that he has to get in tune with nature and become one with the environment or something like that. He doesn't want anyone talking to him or disturbing his zen. Pretty weird dude according to my buddy.

nso123

Jimmy Houston is a super nice guy, but I never liked Roland Martin. I always heard he was an arrogant tool. However, I watched him in a tournament with a co-angler and he told the co-angler something like "let me catch one more good one and we will get you five." And he did. It's been a long time ago, but I think the co-angler won his division. That went a long way with me.
Apparently, Roland is guiding down on Headwaters and is not too popular with the locals. I just saw a conversation talking about him breaking line at the busy ramp regularly and generally be difficult with folks.