TWRA harvest numbers so far?

Andy S.

But the delayed opening is not good. Lol
The delayed opening has nothing to do with birds available on the landscape middle of April last two seasons. It has not been in place long enough to matter or make a difference on available crop of gobbling 2 year old and older birds. The same amount of gobbling birds were available on April 1st both years (2023 and 2024), generally the traditional season opener. Many believe the "hunting" is better with later opener because they are not competing with as many hens, and that statement has merit, for some. For the record, for my counties in extreme SW TN that are already in full leaf out foliage, I'd prefer to split the difference, open Statewide around April 7 and keep the limit at 2. I realize middle TN hunters may prefer it a little later with their localized flocks and my friends in Bristol would rather hunt their turkeys early May. Different strokes for different folks across 95 counties.

Coker

The delayed opening has nothing to do with birds available on the landscape middle of April last two seasons. It has not been in place long enough to matter or make a difference on available crop of gobbling 2 year old and older birds. The same amount of gobbling birds were available on April 1st both years (2023 and 2024), generally the traditional season opener. Many believe the "hunting" is better with later opener because they are not competing with as many hens, and that statement has merit, for some. For the record, for my counties in extreme SW TN that are already in full leaf out foliage, I'd prefer to split the difference, open Statewide around April 7 and keep the limit at 2. I realize middle TN hunters may prefer it a little later with their localized flocks and my friends in Bristol would rather hunt their turkeys early May. Different strokes for different folks across 95 counties.
This ^^^^^
Couldn't agree more.

Setterman

Our woods are barely showing hints of green right now.

Andy S.

Our woods are barely showing hints of green right now.
Rub it in why don't you. 😊 On a positive note, I hope to be in your neck of the woods end of the month. I took this pic this weekend in SW TN after a week of 75-80 degree temps. Hill country, not wet bottomland.

1713289183470.jpeg

REN

Rub it in why don't you. 😊 On a positive note, I hope to be in your neck of the woods end of the month. I took this pic this weekend in SW TN after a week of 75-80 degree temps. Hill country, not wet bottomland.

about what it looks like around here. One spot I normally hunt had clover so tall I couldnt even hunt the field areas, seriously it was like thigh high.

Im out of tags so doesnt matter now but man it got green fast.

Latest posts