Tripod Stand Experience

R&T Farm

My wife bought me a Game Winner tripod stand from Academy. It can be set up as either 12 or 16 feet.

Does anyone have any experience hunting from one of these or other tripod?

We have a few funnels (woods choke points that go through pastures) that deer use on our farm but the trees aren't very large in diameter so no tree stand. I don't want to put a pop-up out. No one hunts on the farms around us so the deer aren't too wary but I don't want to chance scaring off a buck.

I appreciate advice. We moved to Tennessee a year and an half ago. Hunting here is different than Texas. On the ranch you needed rifles and shots were over 200yds. Here you get so close it feels like you can touch them. This is way more exciting.

Hduke86

Love hunting from a tripod. Just some tips would be put some type of mat down so if needing to turn that your feet don't make noise and maybe add a camo "skirt" to cover your lower half if needing to turn. Put hangers on the rail for pack or anything you carry up and a pad on the rails for gun rest.

CliffordN

I have had a Millennium tripod from the first day of production. It is not very tall, but is light enough (under 40 pounds) that I can tote it reasonable distances, and adjust positions on the fly during a hunt. You do need to sit still. But I also try to set it up with two of the legs straddling a tree, or in a cluster or behind smaller bushes/trees to provide cover. The seat swivels, so I have also used the tree as a brace when shooting more than one once. When I have set it up in exposed areas, there have still been deer which approached very closely before spotting it. This versatility is what it was designed for, and it does the job very well.

bowhunterfanatic

I've got one set up in the wide open in the middle of an overgrown pasture. It amazes me how many deer see me in it and don't seem to care. It's like somehow hiding in plain sight eases their fear of me.

Latest posts