Cool experience

RidgeRunner13

I decided to change some things up and elected to hunt a WMA this weekend instead of my normal TVA land that I hunt. I hadn't planned on hunting here this year so I came in blind after doing some e-scouting. About 7:35 these two walk within 10 yards of my tree. I'd have to say that so far that has to top my list for coolest experience while on stand.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0
  • IMG_3409.jpeg
    IMG_3409.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_3402.jpeg
    IMG_3402.jpeg
    592.6 KB · Views: 208

Carlos

That's pretty cool, I bet they make a ton of noise walking thru the woods.
Do they eat Acorns as well?
(Idk much about reindeer.)

RidgeRunner13

That's pretty cool, I bet they make a ton of noise walking thru the woods.
Do they eat Acorns as well?
(Idk much about reindeer.)
They definitely make a bunch of noise. I heard them first coming up over a little finger beside me. I thought it was a buck chasing a doe. I grabbed the rifle and got ready but once I seen them I hung the rifle back up and got the phone out. I honestly don't know if they eat acorns. They never stopped. Watching the 6x6 dip his head just to make it through the woods was cool.

RidgeRunner13

They ruined my favorite spot with d&!! Things, they are cool for about two trips than you realize you have nothing huntable left where they are🤬
I understand that. Topographically this spot looked pretty good. When the sun came up it looked even better. But I only saw two trails walking in and I haven't been able to identify any sign from the tree for deer. Granted there also isn't any elk sign from what I can see in here either though. It just looks like an unused patch of woods. I'm planning on getting down and scouting in a bit and then trying somewhere else.

Creek

I decided to change some things up and elected to hunt a WMA this weekend instead of my normal TVA land that I hunt. I hadn't planned on hunting here this year so I came in blind after doing some e-scouting. About 7:35 these two walk within 10 yards of my tree. I'd have to say that so far that has to top my list for coolest experience while on stand.
I keep picturing that head mounted above my elegant fireplace in my den, that I dont have :D