Is 10’ High Enough for a Tripod Stand?

R&T Farm

I'd like to add a couple more tripod stands to my property.

Is 10' high enough for a tripod stand? I think the 10' is to the floor where your feet will be.

They will have the camo tent that helps conceal the hunter.

I currently have a 12-16' tripod. The cost for the 10' tripods is lower, but I don't know if that is high enough.

I recently watched a YouTube video with the guy that owns Red Neck blinds and he said 10' was plenty high enough. Unfortunately, his blinds are way out of my budget.

Ski

People would laugh if they saw how "high" I get some times. 8'-10' is not uncommon for me. If the cover is good at 10' then I'm stopping the climb and hanging out in the branches for cover.

Me too. The only height that matters to me is where I find cover. If it's 18ft then I'm there. If it's 8ft I'm there. I actually prefer lower heights with archery because I've never been comfortable taking steep angle shots. Hard to hit both lungs when shooting straight down. Now with a rifle I like being way up high with a view so I can see forever.

AlexDad

If you put it out there and let them get used to it you're more than fine, people shoot deer out of ground blinds. May not be able to put one out in an open field in the morning and hunt that afternoon though.

deerhunter10

Plenty. Most of our stands are 12 to 15 ft. A couple 18 to 20 mainly terrain forced that. And we have 2 that are around 7 to 8 and deer get killed there. Cover is key to any stand imo. Back cover really.

Latest posts