Triple main beam?

lafn96

Anyone ever got a triple beam buck, either killed or on camera? I'd love to see the pics and hear the story. This one was taken at a buddy's property in NE, the day before I hunted there. No clue what it scored.
Triple beam buck.jpeg

Last edited:

backyardtndeer

Very cool buck there. Have gotten pics of a few double main beam bucks over the years, even passed a 2.5 with two main beams once, but have never seen one with three main beams.

BSK

Yes, but only on clients' properties and I never post their trail-cam pictures. Got a triple main-beam buck on a client's property this year that is so big I can't even mentally score him. I have nothing comparable to work from.

Dumbluck

I've been fortunate to kill 3, all 3 from different farms. One I saw scouting late in the afternoon in velvet and started asking permission to hunt tracts of land in that location. I got permission and shot him on Thanksgiving with my bow. The other I passed up the year before twice on a big farm; he had mule deer splits on both sides and everyone thought I was nuts for passing him but lucky for me he made it and showed up next year with 3 beams. I hunted him hard during archery and he vanished and came back to that farm actually on Thanksgiving and tripped my cameras. I left my wife and in laws hanging. 🤣 I killed him about a week later. The third (skull mount), I had no history with, he showed up chasing a doe out of the blue, and I killed him. I guess 3 beams are attracted to me, so I guess my name fits in this case with 3 beam deer. I feel lucky get to hunt ONE in my lifetime but to kill 3 has kind of blown my mind.
20231111_202653.jpg
20231111_202814.jpg

20231111_202536.jpg

Ski

Those are some great bucks! I've not killed one but have had a few double beam bucks on cam. Never seen a triple beam, and never seen a buck have multiple beams multiple years. Seems they get an extra beam one year and then normal again the next year. So if you're hunting one you'd better get him before he sheds because he likely won't grow it like that again.

Latest posts