Trip decisions

Rakkin6

Im down to a week either missouri,Illinois,indiana,or ohio
Out of those I would go to Ohio or Missouri. Personally I wouldn't give a dime of my money to the facists in Illinois. To bad I have to sometime since my wife's family lives there. My grandparents on my mother's side live in Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River Valley there are some big deer in that area of Kentucky and Southern Ohio. Check out any areas near Chilicothe, Bainbridge area.

knightrider

Out of those I would go to Ohio or Missouri. Personally I wouldn't give a dime of my money to the facists in Illinois. To bad I have to sometime since my wife's family lives there. My grandparents on my mother's side live in Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River Valley there are some big deer in that area of Kentucky and Southern Ohio. Check out any areas near Chilicothe, Bainbridge area.
Appreciate that, i was looking over some of the wayne above ironton earlier

Snake

Illinois . There is a dude that frequents this place some that bow hunts alot out of state on public and kills some monsters. For the life of me I can't think of his Avatar name or real name . But if he would I definitely know he would be of help . He does alot of land improvement type jobs and gets a lot of places to hunt in middle Tennessee.
Seems like his name started with an O . OS Outdoors or something like that. I tried a search but couldn't come up with his name .

Last edited:

mike243

I have hunted southern Il several times over the years for squirrels, lot of big deer and at the end of September the weather was really good, they always close a road there for several weeks to let the snakes get back to the ridges and den up, snake boots are advised but after 4-5 trips I have yet to see 1 in the woods, we camped out near Wolf lake at pine hills campground, no water or electricity but has a bathroom l, may get back up this fall

Ski

SW Wisco

If you have never hunted Wisconsin as non res then your first year license are really discounted too

Half off if I remember correctly. I've hunted WI many times and plan to hunt many more.

No desire to hunt Illinois. Might hunt Iowa and almost certainly will hunt Missouri. Might hunt KS and OK too. Seriously considering buying land in northeast KY. Already own land in southern OH.

Really you can't go wrong hunting any of the midwest states. Stay within 25mi of a major river system and you'll be where giant bucks live. None are really better than another IMO. Certain pockets or areas are better than others but it's not state specific. Just gotta do your homework to find some spots and just go give it a try. Enjoy the adventure. I've got a wonderful hunting property in southern Ohio and there are times I never see a deer. Other times I have a handful of booners to hunt. Any single property will have ebbs a flows. It's all about being there when a big buck is there. If you are you'll have an exciting hunt. If not you'll be bored. State doesn't really matter IMO.

east_tn_gk

I would say western KY or Missouri. Might have better luck finding less pressure in West KY on some of the WMAs more traditionally associated with waterfowl. Missouri has a lot of hunters and not too much public in the northern half.

Latest posts