Trijicon RMR

Swampster

Just put one on my Glock 40 Gen 4 MOS. Pleased as a pissant so far. Grouping 3" at 25 yards. Hope to get that at 50 yards with some practice.

Swampster

I suspect you may be correct about accuracy going down with range, as the apparent size of the dot grows with range, effectively making it less precise. My hope is that practice and experience will much more than offset that, especially since my current experience is 15 shots out of the box.

mike243

I love the idea of a red dot but my eyes don't see a round dot unless I put glasses on :cry: ,had thought about 1 for my mark11 target pistol but hate wearing my glasses,tried 1 on my pellet rifle and at 35y the accuracy wasn't there compared to a regular scope,now self defense close up I don't think it can be beat unless very bright lighting effects it,would love to try different set ups before I spend big $ on some thing that might not work for me personally

PillsburyDoughboy

Red dot scopes are excellent quick acquisition target sites for short to midrange work . As stated above it's hard to get precision work with them because the dots typically will cover a 2 inch circle up at 100 yards and a 4 inch circle at 200 depending on Dot size give or take . For hunting application the best use I have found for them is probably on hog hunting or deer drives where the action may be fast and furious . Perhaps bear country where life or limb may depend on it a fast reflexive shot . As someone who wears bifocals I often see multiple dots if the dot Lines up in the bifocal range . So user beware . The trijicon red dots are some of the best of their type .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts