Trijicon ACOG

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

Hunt2Live":23hja2ac said:
Dang infoman jr, you got some really sweet rigs!!!
What I have is a problem. :D

I think the thread can be summed up that ACOGs are bullet proof. There are several aftermarket mounts that are good (I like Larue). I'd stay away from the amber reticle. Green or red is user preference as is the reticle type - crosshair, horseshoe dot, chevron... There are differences in eye relief and field of view between the TA11, TA33, and TA31. If I had to guess, you're probably looking at the 31 which is what is issued on Marine M4s.

distance.gif

Grandslam11

The reticle is actually the same as you are showing in your pic. I think he said it was army issued? It has the red with the yardage markers going all the way to 800 yards. I think it is fixed at 4x32 possibly? The scope has some wear, especially on the sight adjust screws. What would be an average price to pay for one of these in fair condition?

infoman jr.

Grandslam11":1yhjlpgj said:
The reticle is actually the same as you are showing in your pic. I think he said it was army issued? It has the red with the yardage markers going all the way to 800 yards. I think it is fixed at 4x32 possibly? The scope has some wear, especially on the sight adjust screws. What would be an average price to pay for one of these in fair condition?
That would be the TA31. Depending on the exact condition, it could be worth $700-$800. Maybe more..

When you talk about wear on adjustment screws, are you talking about the two knobs on the bottom of the optic shown here? Those are the rail attachment screws.

DRILLS%203.jpg

Grandslam11

No. I am referring to when you are sighting in the scope. You take off the end caps, once inside it looks like someone has probably taken a rifle shell to make the adjustments to the scope instead of flathead or tool. It looks "stripped" in a way. It is not terrible but it keeps it from looking new.

How do you feel about honeycomb on the end? I get why it is there, but it seems to darken the reticle when shooting. Is there any way to brighten that up or do you typically just not use it? I have also been told these scopes are tough as nails. I will not be shooting mine hardly at all, so Im hoping to sight it in and just go have fun every now and then.

Thanks for all the help by the way.

infoman jr.

Glad to help. Using the rim of a piece of brass is not an uncommon method to adjust the sight.

The honeycomb piece is called a killflash. I don't use them on mine. ACOG optics are indeed tough as nails. They aren't for everyone though. Low power variable scopes have become very popular and offer a bit more flexibility than the fixed power ACOGs.

LanceS4803

I've used mine for a variety of hunting and plinking.
Just be aware that there are Chinese knock-offs hitting the market. Buy from a reputable source.

infoman jr.

Grandslam11":2tr2taxh said:
How would you know the difference? Would they still have the same name brand and everything on there like the knock-off Oakley sunglasses do?
The best thing to do would be to call Trijicon with the serial number and have them verify it.

Latest posts