Trespasser in Christiana. Anyone know him?

BSK

I've asked this before and never got an answer… will Tennessee Deputies arrest someone for walking across private land?

I'm asking because we have had a few of these threads lately and there always seem to have the comment "Have them arrested". I know they can be arrested if they steal something, I'm just curious if walking across someone's land can land you in jail?
I'll let the LEOs on the site give the definitive answer, but from my conversations with local LE, they may end up with a fine for trespassing, but not jail time.

Omega

I've asked this before and never got an answer… will Tennessee Deputies arrest someone for walking across private land?

I'm asking because we have had a few of these threads lately and there always seem to have the comment "Have them arrested". I know they can be arrested if they steal something, I'm just curious if walking across someone's land can land you in jail?
I would bet that they would have to be trespassed first, and possibly LEO would have to witness them breaking the trespass order for an arrest to be made.

backyardtndeer

Think the op said the tresspasser may also have taken some items, so there may be an angle there as well. But still question whether they would cite them to report to a judge or actually arrest them.

redblood

There cant be but 1 or 2 people on earth that pack a climber and carry a bow like that guc
I wonder if someone is messing with you. Maybe a buddy who has a buddy you havent met. That is suspicious from the haircut, to the stand to carrying the bow the way he is. He obviously sees where the cam is. Id say its an inside job….

Southern Sportsman

Typically, no. This type of criminal trespass is a misdemeanor. One generally cannot be arrested for a misdemeanor unless a LEO actually witnesses the offense. As a landowner, you can press charges by reporting it and swearing out an Affidavit of Complaint. If there is sufficient evidence (i.e., a trail cam pic) then the District Attorney can bring charges. But the defendant will get a citation with a court date. Unless some other, more serious crime was committed along with the trespass, they won't be arrested.

Boll Weevil

If it's posted and the landowner wants an arrest. The law seems clear.

redblood

I wonder if someone is messing with you. Maybe a buddy who has a buddy you havent met. That is suspicious from the haircut, to the stand to carrying the bow the way he is. He obviously sees where the cam is. Id say its an inside job….m

get a cell cam and wait until a rain and follow the footsteps in and once you know where he's up a tree go in and cut the tree down he's in and make it look like an accident
thats middle tennessee, we havent seen rain since august. you better be patient....

Fitchj13

Oversized stand, oversized bow, baggy clothes, and huge boots.....is this a legit photo lol?

Must be hipster from bell buckle.:cool:

I'm curious if it's a prius, tesla, or one of those cube looking things.

Latest posts