Best Trespasser Cam

Deck78

I got some sneaky neighbors that I need to catch on cam. Gotta put the cams up high and they gotta be low profile but are strong enought to capture details. I am not going to go the cell cam route. Anyone got any good recommendations? I am guessing it is both daytime and nightime use of the road I found them using.

Omega

Try this one.

iu

Speedwell-Hunter

I got some sneaky neighbors that I need to catch on cam. Gotta put the cams up high and they gotta be low profile but are strong enought to capture details. I am not going to go the cell cam route. Anyone got any good recommendations? I am guessing it is both daytime and nightime use of the road I found them using.
Not going the cell cam route? Then good luck. that is DUMB. you need to go cell cam route. only way to do this efficiently

Speedwell-Hunter

I suggest using these at least, makes pointing the camera where you need a BREEZE, been using these for two months, game changers:

Amazon product ASIN B00AU6D24U

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Not going the cell cam route? Then good luck. that is DUMB. you need to go cell cam route. only way to do this efficiently
A lot of good reasons for not using a Cell Cam. That are not DUMB .I don't know his reasons but I respect his decision.
Poor or No service on the land I hunt.
Just looking at the different camera's and plans available The cheaper plans limit you on video and pictures . Unlimited Data can be pretty pricey.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
I would suggest something with Solar capabilities for power. If it's mounted out of site and out of reach changing batteries can be a problem. Lithium batteries with a Solar charger would be a good option.

Speedwell-Hunter

A lot of good reasons for not using a Cell Cam. That are not DUMB .I don't know his reasons but I respect his decision.
Poor or No service on the land I hunt.
Just looking at the different camera's and plans available The cheaper plans limit you on video and pictures . Unlimited Data can be pretty pricey.
absolutely no good reason. #1, theft. a smart tresspasser goes at night, sees the red dots from the "no glow". ALL GLOW RED at night, even a little bit. Then they steal the camera. then you are screwed. with a cell cam, even if a thief takes, the data transmits your thief to you. so a lot of reasons not to go noncell for a trespasser (DUMB). been here a while and played with trespassers for a while.

deerhunter10

I would reconsider your no cell cam options. Unless you just don't have service. Most have GPS incase they still them. It's instant and the ones that I run bushnell and tactacams take good pictures at night and at a distance. If not going there then I run browning regular cameras only because I don't have service everywhere.

Falconi

Sounds like you need a Good Bluetooth so you can check them easily.

Neat feature but I'm not sure how practical it is. If I'm close enough for bluetooth, I'm close enough to swap out the card.

T2D2

I'm fond of the detail in pics from my Browning cams for the price. But only have experience with dummy (non-cell) Brownings. Cheap enough I'd buy 2 cameras, 2 cable locks & a lock box to hopefully get them for theft, as I get them for trespassing, if they do find one of the cameras. The lock box seems to keep the lens from fogging this time of year, as well.

That said, I do agree with the cellular option. The picture is received in real-time & LEO can be notified immediately, possibly catching the trespassers while on the property depending on circumstances. The WiseEye take quality pics, get much more reliable reception than Tactacam or Cuddeback ever did on my property & send the full-size images to their app. Catch the cameras on Black Friday, you probably get away with one cheaper than the non-cell rec'd setup above.

Good luck!

Deck78

I would suggest something with Solar capabilities for power. If it's mounted out of site and out of reach changing batteries can be a problem. Lithium batteries with a Solar charger would be a good option.
Ive got easy access to the cam location and don't mind toting a ladder to swap batteries. From the looks of it, I should be getting pics pretty quick

Latest posts