Trapping season coming to an end

tellico4x4

Right before I got to the crow I noticed that there was a bunch of them circling & diving in sky. Rounded the curve and had one in leg holds squawking & flopping around. Could of had some fun if I'd had shotgun with me 😁

hammer33

Season is still open for yotes. Had a new pack move in on me recently and they were across the fence by the house last night trying to get my dogs to come out and play. Time to move my traps.

pk117ac23

Late to the party here, but glad to see some had much success with trapping this year. With a new 6 month old pup and the neighbors dog (neighbor still doesn't know we caught him once).

It was the most uneventful trapping and calling season yet. zero predators harvested, but with spring right around the corner, my chicken house will be bustling with predators mid day. We lost 40% of our laying flock the last two years in a row due to foxes, coyotes, and what not. less than 10 acres here but surrounded by woods.

Tried my hand at a fox pro i borrowed from a friend this year and nothing. any tips on calling, or keeping neighbors dog out of leg trap, or upcoming spring run on my hens would be MUCH APPRECIATED!

pk117ac23

Season is still open for yotes. Had a new pack move in on me recently and they were across the fence by the house last night trying to get my dogs to come out and play. Time to move my traps.
I know coyote hunting is year round, but is coyote trapping as well? And if the trap is out, how do you know "WHAT YA GON' GET?"

wildlifefarmer

I know coyote hunting is year round, but is coyote trapping as well? And if the trap is out, how do you know "WHAT YA GON' GET?"
Yes, you can trap and hunt yotes all year long. There are some traps and baits that target a specific species. However if you're targeting yotes you will most likely catch other predators as well. Who wants to turn loose of a big tom? So, to answer your question of what you might catch, the answer is it's like Christmas, you never know what is going to be under the tree!!

rem270

Where did the black buzzards come from, I know they are not native to Tennessee. Hardly ever see a turkey vulture anymore since the black buzzards have moved in.
I talked to someone a couple weeks ago and KY is supposedly in talks about making them legal to kill. They should have never been protected since they aren't a native bird. Either way, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands and 🤐

Latest posts