Trapping season coming to an end

rem270

Been a fun year for just randomly getting into it this year. Set my first 6 DP's out Dec 15th. Set my first foot holds out January 7th. Pulled everything at one farm last Sunday and tripped everything this evening behind my house. Had one pull out this afternoon that I suspect was another bobcat. Would love to have ended the last day of season with another cat.

13 coons
14 possums
2 skunks
1 groundhog
2 bobcats
1 coyote

Had a fox squirrel in a foot hold this afternoon that I released unharmed.

Looking forward to next season already.

Edit to add that I'm in KY. Hopefully they'll follow suit with TN and make trapping legal year round soon.

tellico4x4

Ran mine yesterday and only had two coons. This year has been slower than usual on coons & possums. Added 6 more DPs this year but overall take was is down. Maybe getting ahead of them.... Did have a cat that took trap & t-post with him. Had it set in a cubby and was going to be pia getting a ground anchor in so went with post. Next time I'll use two driven at different angles. Been after him for a month too, geesh.

JCDEERMAN

This year has been slower than usual on coons & possums. Added 6 more DPs this year but overall take was is down. Maybe getting ahead of them.
This year has been slow for us too, but I'm feeling the same on possibly getting ahead of them, at least I hope that's the case.
2022: 93
2023: 71
So far 2024: 8

Boll Weevil

Several years ago I started "micro-focusing" my trapping where in the past, I routinely saw hens with poults. Same around areas they historically like to nest. We'll never trap'em all but we can for sure knock'em back in areas that you will notice your catches decline.

wildlifefarmer

I'm sad to see the season over but overall had a good one. Only had traps out less than four weeks. Four of the yotes had the mange. One of them had it so bad she got wet and froze to death. In a way felt kinda sorry for the mangee ones.

10 yotes
3 cats
1 coon
6 possums
1 buzzard
1 lost trap

rem270

I'm sad to see the season over but overall had a good one. Only had traps out less than four weeks. Four of the yotes had the mange. One of them had it so bad she got wet and froze to death. In a way felt kinda sorry for the mangee ones.

10 yotes
3 cats
1 coon
6 possums
1 buzzard
1 lost trap
I'm jealous of y'all that catch so many yotes. But then again maybe it's a good thing I didn't catch a ton. I honestly haven't seen many around in the last couple years. Obviously they are around but hopefully just not in abundance.

I did catch 3 buzzards as well. 2 in foot holds and one in a DP by its beak.

wildlifefarmer

I'm jealous of y'all that catch so many yotes. But then again maybe it's a good thing I didn't catch a ton. I honestly haven't seen many around in the last couple years. Obviously they are around but hopefully just not in abundance.

Did you get a pic of do buzzard?? That's would be funny to see 😳

rem270

Did you get a pic of do buzzard?? That's would be funny to see 😳

I hate these stupid things. But as you can tell it was still alive.
20240202_175237.jpg

tellico4x4

Caught 2 buzzards in leg holds as well plus a crow

Latest posts