TN velvet hunt Aug 25-27

bowhunt25

Attachments

• IMG_3814.jpeg
    IMG_3814.jpeg
    516.1 KB · Views: 128

Mars25

And here we are, up extra early... Putting gear in the truck, and about to head out for the first sit of the year. Be done by 9, one way or another! LOL
And here we are, up extra early... Putting gear in the truck, and about to head out for the first sit of the year. Be done by 9, one way or another! LOL
It's my first year doing the velvet hunt. It's so hot already here. I've been in the stand since 430 was hoping the neighbors going in this morning would push them in to the woods with me. Been watching some decent bucks for couple weeks now on camera. On this place hope they come in soon.

Ski

I much prefer evenings. Mornings are tough unless you've got a solid peg on their route back to bed and know you can beat them to it without bumping anything on the way. I don't have that this year but I do have a couple good evening spots picked out I'll try. Going to hang a stand in a couple hours, put fresh recharge and batteries in my thermacell, do a quick wash on my clothes that have been put away since last summer, then I'll be in stand by around 5:30pm.

Sunday evening looks best around here. Saturday evening the wind shifts from west to north and clouds move in, then by mid afternoon Sunday there's good chance of t-storms. By 5pm the rain clears but still cloudy. The sudden notable temp drop of the rain should have them up early and active. Hopefully

Latest posts