TN velvet hunt Aug 25-27

Lone Hunter

I wonder if my Uncle will back out. I don't like them temps, but a shooting house and a rifle in unit cwd is something I am willing to do. I will spray down for ticks n bugs and just one layer of clothes.
I might be wrong but I thought it was Archery Only. Is it different in the CWD Unit? Too hot for me.

DeerCamp

1692642562559.png

Specializedjon

Just a heads up everyone....it's not the 25th - 27th. It's 26th - 28th (Sat - Mon) according to the TWRA website. Unless it changed this year.

Disregard....it was a typo apparently. See attached. 25th - 27th

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-21 134151.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-21 134151.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2023-03-07 123215.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-07 123215.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Bone Collector

I wonder if my Uncle will back out. I don't like them temps, but a shooting house and a rifle in unit cwd is something I am willing to do. I will spray down for ticks n bugs and just one layer of clothes.
if you're in a shooting house you can wear shorts and a T-shirt. Get one of those battery operated fans you wear around your neck or something you can use and it may be bearable...

JeepKuntry

if you're in a shooting house you can wear shorts and a T-shirt. Get one of those battery operated fans you wear around your neck or something you can use and it may be bearable...
I got the phone call this afternoon of don't think we're going. He's had some heart issues and worries more about a heat stroke. I told him let's see what it calls for Wednesday evening but it's looking more like a no go!

Bone Collector

I got the phone call this afternoon of don't think we're going. He's had some heart issues and worries more about a heat stroke. I told him let's see what it calls for Wednesday evening but it's looking more like a no go!
gotta take care of your health first. Deer hunting is a bonus. You mess your health up and you may lose that bonus.

Lone Hunter

Yes, Unit CWD regulations differ from other units.
Guns and ML are allowed in CWD zones
Thanks for the information. Looks like the only way I will kill one is if it runs out in front of the truck while the air conditioner is running full blast. Good Luck to those who are going in this heat. I'm getting too old for the heat. Much nicer in the house. Guess I'm a sissy anymore.

Specializedjon

My limited run "Buttcrack IPA" smells like a fat guy, sitting in a dome tent that just 💩 his pant. The deer love it. I might start bottling it.

The winter version is a slushy......

Ok, I'll stop now. 😂

Hunting last light on Friday, Saturday & Sunday morning and late afternoon. That's the plan at least. We'll see.

XCR-2

Stands are hung. Will ebike from the house straight to and from them just to try to keep from sweating so much. Problem is I had 2 shooters patterned in a hay/clover field and now they're cutting it.🙄

Latest posts