TN Bear 2022

timberjack86

Update, yesterday I was told I'm working 10 hour days for the next 14 days:( , I love being a code welder. (Sarcasm) That pretty much kills my bear archery season and plans I've made since last year. I could say no but the money I'll make will pretty much put me back in the debt free zone. I do have an RTO for the opening weekend of the bear gun hunt so I will update after that. Hopefully with kill pics!!

timberjack86

Sorry your plans were spoiled Sir, I can relate as I've missed several hunts over the years due to things going sideways at work. Retirement has its advantages, 😁
Well looks like I may actually get to go this weekend now. The people at work can't figure out what they want! But I ain't complaining if I get this coming weekend!!

Huntaholic

Some people are friggin IDIOTS! THERE! I SAID IT! Tell me, just what does a bear do to you east TN people that make you hate them so much that you would gutshoot them, wish folks shot 6 before finding one, etc??????

Huntaholic

And before any of yall eastern time zone idgits jump in, YEAH, Ive killed bears, 9 or 10 of them to date, and Ive seen literally hundreds of them. I hunt Ontario every year and have since 2008. Yeah, there is a bear or 2 that pass through here at my house as well. In fact it enjoyed my watermelons this year while I didnt get a single slice but ya know what? I DONT CARE. I had one on my back porch last year, it helped itself to 100 lbs of wheat I had left out. I STILL DONT CARE.

rmmonty32

And before any of yall eastern time zone idgits jump in, YEAH, Ive killed bears, 9 or 10 of them to date, and Ive seen literally hundreds of them. I hunt Ontario every year and have since 2008. Yeah, there is a bear or 2 that pass through here at my house as well. In fact it enjoyed my watermelons this year while I didnt get a single slice but ya know what? I DONT CARE. I had one on my back porch last year, it helped itself to 100 lbs of wheat I had left out. I STILL DONT CARE.
First, you shouldn't lump us all in the same category. Im in blount county near the national park and national forest. Dealing with bears is a way of life you just have to get used to. We have them often around my place. Taking extra precautions not to leave things out to attract them is key. Like trash cans and bird feeders. I wouldn't mind getting one this season but not sure if i want to tackle the job it would be to get it home. I most always hunt alone. That's my 2 cents.

knightrider

Some people are friggin IDIOTS! THERE! I SAID IT! Tell me, just what does a bear do to you east TN people that make you hate them so much that you would gutshoot them, wish folks shot 6 before finding one, etc??????
Well lets see there is treestands,blinds,cameras, for starters so far about 3 grand worth, than there is fawns and calves that get eaten, than there is over two dozen apple trees destroyed because they wont stay out of them and break the tops out! The fact that they totally screwed up what was one of the best deer hunting farms in the county which is basically void of deer since the overgrown coons moved in!!! And what really pisses this idiot off is instead of killing the dumpster diggers when they trap them they haul them here and turn em loose on people who dont want nor enjoy anything about them!!! I work for my stuff and dont like it a damn bit that the bears that green jeans has pitched out on me has destroyed it all so thats why this idiot hates bears!

Latest posts