Little Bear :)

Atchman2

Since bear season where I hunt is over I put my hog feeder back up. I had to take it down as it draws in too many bears during the summer. Also it had to be down during bear season anyway.

I hunt on a long thin property along the river. The far end is where the guys deer hunt, I usually don't hunt there unless there are hogs there. I like hunting hogs. Anyway almost as soon as I put the hog feeder back up it attracted a bear! OF COURSE! Wouldn't have mattered if it was there during the season or not, this one is a MINI BEAR! I don't know if someone shot its mother or she just kicked it out. To give you a size comparison, the big bear on the property Blockhead can REACH the bottom of that feeder. That is around 8 feet high. Blockhead just comes through a few times a year, destroys my deer feeders and then roams off somewhere else. That is why they are hung between trees now.

The thing is where the bears are around they pretty much run off everything except the biggest boars. Yes I know a bear can take one out, but even a bear thinks twice about going head to head with a boar as big or bigger than they are! You never see a deer near the hog feeder. There used to be tons of them, but the bears have pretty much ran everything off. I haven't seen a group of hogs in months either.

This property has gone to suck hunting wise. I'm pretty sure it is because the landowner lets his dog run free all of the time. Even the turkeys are greatly reduced and there used to be dozens. At least a lone boar showed up for me to hunt. :)

Attachments

• mini bear.png
    mini bear.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 57
  • lonasome boar.jpg
    lonasome boar.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts