Time to start prepping?

Atchman2

So this year I'm consumed with wanting to get a bear. I have a place that has them since they destroy my deer feeders every chance they get. I'm going to start baiting a spot with the idea I will stop in plenty of time so not to break the law. How soon should I start? Now?

They have ruined all of the other hunting on the place. I have to get rid of one of them at least. They have even chased off my wild hogs!

knightrider

Once you pull the bait they will be moved on, check your oaks for wads of pulled in and broke branches, evidence of which trees they climbing and wait is about all you can do if not usuing bait or dogs

PickettSFHunter

I've killed one and it was just hunting oaks. Most that are killed here have to have the chocolate wiped off their mouths before the pic is taken 😂 you can stalk pretty close to them usually if the wind is in your favor.

jlanecr500

They nicknamed this one "the policeman". He is enjoying a Krispy Kreme donut.

852.jpeg

mike243

I was arriving at a house in Cosby last week and had about a 200lb bear bust out of the woods 30y in front of my van, I waited a few minutes before I got out lol .

timberjack86

So this year I'm consumed with wanting to get a bear. I have a place that has them since they destroy my deer feeders every chance they get. I'm going to start baiting a spot with the idea I will stop in plenty of time so not to break the law. How soon should I start? Now?

They have ruined all of the other hunting on the place. I have to get rid of one of them at least. They have even chased off my wild hogs!
Be hard to do legally. You might find some white oaks the bears are hitting near by and set up in ambush.

Atchman2

Be hard to do legally. You might find some white oaks the bears are hitting near by and set up in ambush.
It is hard to find white oaks there. The land was devastated by mining and most of the trees aren't very good. I have an idea of where some are at on the property, but it is either a grueling hike or the four wheeler rock climb from hell.

I think I will just bait like crazy and stop 10 days before the season and hope they keep coming back. Perhaps find a scent to use to keep then interested. Otherwise, I can't think of anyway to hunt them. The most obvious way is to stake out TWRA's hog traps. :D

timberjack86

It is hard to find white oaks there. The land was devastated by mining and most of the trees aren't very good. I have an idea of where some are at on the property, but it is either a grueling hike or the four wheeler rock climb from hell.

I think I will just bait like crazy and stop 10 days before the season and hope they keep coming back. Perhaps find a scent to use to keep then interested. Otherwise, I can't think of anyway to hunt them. The most obvious way is to stake out TWRA's hog traps. :D
You could eat sardines while your hunting and "accidentally" spill the juice all over yourself!🤣

Atchman2

I'm thinking more of buying a bee hive and leaving it there. After all it is agricultural.......and I would just be defending my bees from the ravaging bear. 😈

To me that is no different than planting a food plot! I am engaged in agriculture....sorta.

I could probably buy and old box from someone. Surely the scent of honey would still be in there!

Latest posts