Colorado draw results are starting to show up.

Redfox

I am in the same boat. Second week of September in CO and if Wyo hits it'll be the first week of October. If I could move tomorrow I'd be packing now!

OldFussNFeathers

Be in CO second week as well OTC. Probably be able to crap in the woods and holler for a stranger to come wipe my arse and have more success than actually killing an elk🤣. That's just from reading. First year every out there so I don't truly know.

gtk

Staff member
Be in CO second week as well OTC. Probably be able to crap in the woods and holler for a stranger to come wipe my arse and have more success than actually killing an elk🤣. That's just from reading. First year every out there so I don't truly know.
There are elk in every single OTC unit. You have to be a) lucky and/or b) willing to do what others won't or don't. Put the miles on the boots and dont be afraid to move locations if you aren't seeing elk.

tellico4x4

Great advice for most of time. We were parked at a big campground which was start of a popular trailhead to the Flat Tops. There were actually 3 trails that started there and you could do a 20 mile loop if so desired. Our camp was 8 miles in and we had rented 3 horses for two of us. After several days we decided to spend 2-3 days riding & hunting the loop. Within a mile of making it back to trailhead, a bull bugled within 100 yards of us. Am sure he heard the horses walking & figured it was elk. Buddy & I looked at each other and said that had to be another hunter. After sitting there on horses fumbling around, he bugled again at about 50 yards. This time we bailed off horses and tried to set up but was too late. All we got to hear was him & others tearing out of there 😂. Walked in a few hundred hundred yards & the place was covered up in sign. Evidently all the hunters in the big campground were walking by every day trying to get away from hunters.... Don't overlook the obvious as sometimes they are hiding in plain sight.

dgolden

We usually draw a few cow tags in our group. This is the first year than none of us drew one. I'm thinking the NW winter kill is going to push more hunters towards our unit

Latest posts