Thorny Cypress

woodswise

Just came back from what was supposed to be a three day hunt but couldn't stand any more punishment! My group hunted the southern half and was sadly disappointed. We hunted a private club a couple weeks back just as the thaw came and before the big rain so we decided to go by and check our pool for the upcoming hunt. I would have bet anyone we were about to experience the most epic hunt ever because the sheer numbers of ducks and geese using those pools .It was staggering to say the least. This was on a non hunting day, but mid day when you would have expected them to have been safely back to one of the refuges. Thousands were in and flying around. Fast forward to Thursday pre hunt and they were gone! We hunted these first two days and killed 3 ducks. Hardly any shooting in the bottoms and very few flybys! I hope anyone hunting there the rest of the season sees some return but right now it's dead! This is what duck hunting is now Here today gone tomorrow. Had a great time, food and water there looks great bit very few ducks in the area right now!

tickweed

Yep. I have a spot on the west end of refuge. They ate sittin on the refuge all day, coming out at nite. My field has lots when we go in each morning, they get up, rite back to safety. Typical late season duks. We are killing a few in the afternoons, but very tough. Rainy windy foggy days much better.

Hawk

The blinds north of Whites Lake toward Tenemo and northeast toward Miston are the only ones that I hear that are having much luck in the past few days.

SKFOOTER

Just came back from what was supposed to be a three day hunt but couldn't stand any more punishment! My group hunted the southern half and was sadly disappointed. We hunted a private club a couple weeks back just as the thaw came and before the big rain so we decided to go by and check our pool for the upcoming hunt. I would have bet anyone we were about to experience the most epic hunt ever because the sheer numbers of ducks and geese using those pools .It was staggering to say the least. This was on a non hunting day, but mid day when you would have expected them to have been safely back to one of the refuges. Thousands were in and flying around. Fast forward to Thursday pre hunt and they were gone! We hunted these first two days and killed 3 ducks. Hardly any shooting in the bottoms and very few flybys! I hope anyone hunting there the rest of the season sees some return but right now it's dead! This is what duck hunting is now Here today gone tomorrow. Had a great time, food and water there looks great bit very few ducks in the area right now!
Which pool did you have??

Hymie3

Had a descent trip at thorny this weekend. Two of us. The rest canceled. Covered up with ducks Friday.two man limit. Down to a one man limit sat and one man today. First flight was good today then dead. I could see thousands living it up on the refuge. Didn't hear much shooting anywhere around us all weekend. Got lucky I guess.

WilcoKen

Had a descent trip at thorny this weekend. Two of us. The rest canceled. Covered up with ducks Friday.two man limit. Down to a one man limit sat and one man today. First flight was good today then dead. I could see thousands living it up on the refuge. Didn't hear much shooting anywhere around us all weekend. Got lucky I guess.
To me, that sounds like an excellent hunt. Congratulations!

Bgoodman30

The blinds north of Whites Lake toward Tenemo and northeast toward Miston are the only ones that I hear that are having much luck in the past few days.

We are north of WL and last week was real bad.. Thursday only decent day. Sunday was OK as well. Ducks just nocturnal and stale..