Thinking of doing a garden again

hillbillyfab

Tomatoes are the one thing I always grow. No matter how big or small our garden patch is, tomatoes are my weakness. Can't stand them store bought, tough no flavor ones. If I only set 1 plant out, that's the one I can't do without.

Forvols

Placed a Gurney's order

Lettuce
Kale
Mustard greens
Turnip greens
Spinach
Blue lake pole beans
Red potato sets
Green onion seeds
Walla walla onion seeds
Broccoli
Radish
Carrots
Basil
Oregano
Cilantro
Parsley
Will get tomatoes, peppers, more potato, eggplant, squash, cukes later.

They had 25bucks off a 50buck order until the end of the month..but dang shipping on my current order is 19bucks.
Going to be growing 2 plots hopefully, one is 40x60 the other is 25x25. THe hopefully part is I just got to do it I own the land.

DaveB

let me know how the W-W onions work out.

I have this problem with onions. I generally never let them grow long enough. I love chomping on spring onions flavored with a touch of salt.

I have had a lot of trouble getting onions to germinate and when I do get success, like 1 out of 20 or 30, I eat them.

The sets are different, those are reliable but not tasty and can bolt in a heartbeat.

Forvols

DaveB":2j9gcf6n said:
let me know how the W-W onions work out.

I have this problem with onions. I generally never let them grow long enough. I love chomping on spring onions flavored with a touch of salt.

I have had a lot of trouble getting onions to germinate and when I do get success, like 1 out of 20 or 30, I eat them.

The sets are different, those are reliable but not tasty and can bolt in a heartbeat.

I also got some green onions to put out so I wont be tempted to pull the W-W onions to early. MMM wilted lettuce/spinach and green onions. Big mess of greens...Im going to try canning some of the kale/collards/mustard greens. Will probably do another crop of those in the fall too.

pressfit

I raise my last garden each year... it's way cheaper to buy at the farmers market.. then when spring rolls around I'm back out there turning it up.. bought a Troybilt horse the other day ,had to cut a tree limb to get it, been sitting outside for years.. bout got it ready!! Lol

Forvols

pressfit":1c56b1yw said:
I raise my last garden each year... it's way cheaper to buy at the farmers market.. then when spring rolls around I'm back out there turning it up.. bought a Troybilt horse the other day ,had to cut a tree limb to get it, been sitting outside for years.. bout got it ready!! Lol

Nice deal. I have a HUSQ DRT900 with Honada engine, thing is a brute. And also have and old front tine murray tiller that used to drag me around (front tine tiller is young mans work). Wished I could afford a PTO tiller for my tractor, but man they spendy.

Latest posts