They are resilient

tellico4x4

One of guys killed a doe tonight and when he got to skinning rack he hollered and said come look at this. He'd shot another doe two weeks ago to the day in same plot and didn't find it. Arrow was covered in blood but no sign anywhere... Same deer, top hole in pic is two weeks ago. Arrow hit rib, angled up & came out of top of neck without touching anything but meat! He said that she wasn't limping & was within 10' of where he shot her a couple weeks ago. Meat looked okay & had no smell to it. Throwed both shoulders away out of caution though.
IMG_20221103_190017004.jpg

batten_down

That is crazy. I'm wondering about your buddy's arrow setup and bow poundage. Should've been a dead deer after the first shot. Was he hunting from the ground?

tellico4x4

That is crazy. I'm wondering about your buddy's arrow setup and bow poundage. Should've been a dead deer after the first shot. Was he hunting from the ground?
No, he was in lock on.
That plot has some bad ju ju. Some may remember me posting a thread last year about a doe I shot with crossbow. She ran about 50 yds & when I rolled her over, the bolt was sticking out the exit hole about 5" FLETCHING FIRST. Same plot!

Latest posts