There’s got to be a way…

tree_ghost

To prevent this from happening all bow season…my wife is about to make me hire her some help to get these off my clothes…anybody got any ideas to keep these things off me?

Attachments

• IMG_8150.jpeg
    IMG_8150.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 380

Ski

I won't comment on the skinny pants. We'll just pretend it's the burrs that have them all hemmed up tight like that 🙄🫣😂

Like an old fishing mentor used to tell me, "if you ain't snaggin you ain't catchin". I've found the same logic applies to bucks. If you're not in the thick of it then you're not getting one, not with a bow at least.

The rubber mitts for brushing dog hair work really, really well. Just pet yourself like a dog and they brush right off 😁

Last edited:

Buzzard Breath

Kuiu Attack and Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants do a decent job of keeping them to a minimum. When they are on the new side, they do better than older pairs that develop a knap.

Snake

First time I bow hunted Giles Co me and a friend spent a couple hours in the motel parking lot trying to get those buggers off . Had a big pile of them but still didn't get them all off . From now on I try to look for those things but at times it's unavoidable looking for a deer .

DoubleRidge

When I was younger and me and my sister were both still living under our parents roof, she had 2 or 3 "silkie" chickens that LOVED beggars lice. aka hitchhikers! All you had to do was lay your pants and shirts on the porch and they would pick them clean!
Funny....just as I read this my wife asked if I would open the coop and let our chickens free range for couple hours....I had muck boots on and one side of boot had "stick-tights" on them and as the chickens were coming out of the coop one of the hens stopped and started picking them off my boots....never seen that happen until minutes after reading your silkie story!...so next time I have pants covered in them i may lay them out on the porch and see if the chickens will clean them up....few that got on my pants today were removed with pocket knife.

JCDEERMAN

While this isn't proven, I think it's worth a try. We got this for our dog when he got into them. So, it works getting them off running through dog hair. May or may not work going at an angle on your pants. I would think it would work best with your pants on….atleast help some, as long as the metal combs aren't spaced too far apart. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_7692.jpeg

Latest posts