The skinniest tree

catman529

I don't think my climber can take a tree smaller than this. Half the way up, the teeth didn't reach the bark. But, there is a knot located at a convenient height that the bottom piece bit into just fine. The seat is just kind if hanging on the tree, not too much bite, so I gotta be careful when I stand up not to bump it. This is the thickest tree that is good to climb, most of the rest are smaller. One black cherry 15 yards away is thicker and I sat in it this morning but only about ten feet off the ground because the tree forks.

Yes I tied my safety harness to the tree soon as I started climbing.

EDFB28B1-D500-4162-A005-5E9F3F60AC79-3886-000006F3FC9CF432.jpg

catman529

Andy S. said:
Good luck Catman. Did you drop your lunch in that plastic bag? If so, that is considered baiting. :grin:
no there's just a bunch of apples in that bag, Er.... I mean junk that I don't need. :D just a flashlight and other junk, I used it to carry the safety harness into the woods and it fell off the stand while climbing. Luckily the bag with my water bottle stayed on the stand.

cecil30-30 said:
You got a bigger set than I do..LOL I climbed a skinny one tuesday morning and only got about 15ft off the ground,and it got to skinny for my likeing...
yeah I'll climb whatever the heck I can, short of a dead tree.

Mike Belt

I've climbed many small trees like that and will continue to do so if that's all that's around where I want to hunt. As far as the forked tree maybe you need to invest in a hangon.

nate17

Ive found a lot of deer on public land have learned to use these areas to escape hunting pressure. Not only are they thick cover, but nobody wants to climb a 7 or 8 inch tree.

Latest posts