The Rut is about to kick off in Mid Tn

Bone Collector

I got a pic of these bucks fightingโ€ฆ it's about to be wide open in 10 days. Why can't we open bow season like KY? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Attachments

• 3E286B53-D90D-40BC-BAF5-EEE197401A19.jpeg
    3E286B53-D90D-40BC-BAF5-EEE197401A19.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

bobbuck

Here is some video of sparring 2 years ago tomorrow here on the island. Never tried to post video so not sure if it will work. I still have never seen a chase here but I am sure I will at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_0542.MOV
    58.1 MB

Safari Hunt

One can have input into hunting and fishing regulations by attending the Tennessee Wildlife Commission meeting. Or one can email your local representative. The calendar and list is on the TWRA website.

Bone Collector

One can have input into hunting and fishing regulations by attending the Tennessee Wildlife Commission meeting. Or one can email your local representative. The calendar and list is on the TWRA website.
it's a joke... This whole thread is just for fun.

Although what I said, will be said, by someone on here, at some point and it will not be a joke.

BSK

Just a joke, but there were years when I sure wished MZ had opened earlier. With the extreme sex ratio we had for a number of years, in a bumper acorn year peak mature buck movement was just coming to an end as MZ opened.

bobbuck

it's a joke... This whole thread is just for fun.

Although what I said, will be said, by someone on here, at some point and it will not be a joke.
I get the joke but I have had more positive responses to rattling horns in early bow season than I have ever had during the "chasing" rut. I guess the battle to establish dominance is going on during the early season so that would explain why bucks tend to respond to horns early more than later in the season.

Ski

I get the joke but I have had more positive responses to rattling horns in early bow season than I have ever had during the "chasing" rut. I guess the battle to establish dominance is going on during the early season so that would explain why bucks tend to respond to horns early more than later in the season.

Yessir!!! As soon as that velvet is gone, they are eager to put the new hardware to work. Until the girls show up to the party, there's nothing else to do.

BSK

In summer,
In summer, bucks inhabit bachelor groups. This allows the entire group to establish dominance rank while they do not have dangerous weapons on their heads. Dominance is established through body posturing and sometimes kick-boxing (like does do). However, once bachelor groups break up right at antler velvet shedding, those bucks return to their fall range and suddenly encounter "new" bucks they didn't spend the summer with. A second round of dominance establishment occurs just at this time.

bobbuck

In summer,

In summer, bucks inhabit bachelor groups. This allows the entire group to establish dominance rank while they do not have dangerous weapons on their heads. Dominance is established through body posturing and sometimes kick-boxing (like does do). However, once bachelor groups break up right at antler velvet shedding, those bucks return to their fall range and suddenly encounter "new" bucks they didn't spend the summer with. A second round of dominance establishment occurs just at this time.
Makes sense.

Madbowh

I lightly rattle right out of the gate, about 10 years ago shot one first morning rattling, 3 years ago I had a 8 and 10 point fighting hard first day on bow in sevier County was a2 acre cedar lot I thought the old man next door was messing with his tractor until I seen the tails flipping around. Never could get a shot on either one was real thick cedars

TRIGGER

In summer,

The more you talk the more I appreciate you coming back around.

c0untryb0y

I got a pic of these bucks fightingโ€ฆ it's about to be wide open in 10 days. Why can't we open bow season like KY? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚
They are sparring, not fighting. It is not rut yet, not till we get a cold spell usually mid oct to mid nov before they will come into rut.. Awesome pic though. Probably brothers sparring. Notice necks not swelled up? Thats a sure sign the rut is on. Or it could be the show of dominance like trigger said.

Bone Collector

They are sparring, not fighting. It is not rut yet, not till we get a cold spell usually mid oct to mid nov before they will come into rut.. Awesome pic though. Probably brothers sparring. Notice necks not swelled up? Thats a sure sign the rut is on. Or it could be the show of dominance like trigger said.
Please note all the ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Attachments

• RDJ.jpg
    RDJ.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 18