THE BEST BROADHEAD

DWM

G5 Strikers my #1 choice, will shoot same as field tips. Slick Tricks would be my second choice. Never used Shuttle T's but would like to try them. Have some Bass Pro Blackouts which are suppose to be like the Strikers but the blades are smaller and some were loose. To me the G5's are worth the $5 more. Have seen some muzzy points not fly good. Tried every thing on a friends bow and ended up moving his sights. The ones he had before flew fine.

Big J

Shot Rage this year!
IMG00159.jpg

JayMc

Big J - weren't you pimping Slick Tricks this time last year when they let you work the ST booth at the ATA show :whistle: :D

Buck Assassin

I like Trophy Ridge 100 grain undertakers.They do lots of damage and fly good too.I have shot 3 deer with them this year and none of them went over 80 yards including a shoulder hit on a doe.

dcsoldier44

dcsoldier44 said:
ive never hunted deer with my bow and not had muzzy on my sticks. i use the three blade 100 grains though. they get the job done.

ID LIKE TO RETRACT MY PREVIOUS COMMENT. while muzzys have never failed me.....i have switched to RAGE 100 grain triple blade broad heads. after seeing several deer checked in at CK OUTFITTERS here where i live in woodlawn that have been killed with them. entry hole is huge and exit hole is huge.

a guy came in with pictures of a moose he shot with them. after the shot it only went 30 yards and plied up. that sold me right there.

bobthebowhunter

I still use Rocky Mountain Snyper (2blade) I haven't found any reason to switch.(or spend $10 more on the rage, which is nearly the same broadhead)

Can't post pic here at work, but I've seen some gaping holes out of them.

Viper (tp)

All broadheads, heck even a target point will indeed kill a deer. I guess if you can afford these high priced broadheads these days and you are an accurate bowman well you will have success when the arrow is turned lose.

I use to shoot the old 3 blade satilites, then went to 3 blade 100 grain muzzy broadheads.

I look for a long life broadhead, I don't care to spend the money on newer versions, because at my range out to 30 yards the muzzy fixed broadhead perduces every year.

Now, I have shot and killed deer with the exspandible type broadheads (they were given to me to try) but after the kill the broadhead was unshootable.

But thats why they make so many broadheads because there are so many different opinions on whats the best, to each his on and good hunting!!
8pointerbowkill002-1.jpg

stik

i wish i had taken pics of the holes my rockets made in the 2 deer i have shot this year. ANY broadhead will kill with a well placed shot but how do they do on marginal hits? the second deer was hit high and forward, going thru the off side shoulder and cutting it's throat( 8 yd. shot). the deer went 60 yds. or so with a massive bloodtrail. from the pics i have seen on here, i am not impressed by the rage at all.

username

JayMc,

Your experiences with Muzzy's resembles mine. I've been using the 100gr 3 blade for several years and have had excellent on game performance but only because I'm very, very, particular and spend a great deal of time testing and tuning them. It has got to the point that I will find at least 1 wobbler per pack anymore. I'm sorta attached to 'em so its gonna be hard to switch but its pretty frustrating to keep tossin brand new heads in the garbage.
I think the problem lies in the ferrule from the blade slots forward. When spin testing them the wobble is all in the tip. I keep shooting them because I know the ones in my quiver have been tested and fly like darts but I don't recommend them to people who I know aren't gonna spin test 'em.

DBLAARCHERY

LIL JOKER said:
I USE TO USE thunderheads now i use rage 2 blade

I use Thunder heads for Elk because Idaho will not let you use mech. broadheads...But here in TN its all the [color:#FF0000]RAGE[/color] Man I shot three does this year and it looks like I shot them with a 50 cal. I L O V E T H E M !!! 2 BLADE BABY...

Latest posts